Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only a minor issue really. 09 SW.

I have recently noticed on starting an audible single "bing".

I thought it might be a temp 3deg or lower but it was above that yesterday and it still did it. CD in player?

I'm sure someone will know. I did RTFM but couldn't see anything.

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
Honestly I don't have a clue, but when it bings does anything light up or flash. It's obviously there to draw attention to something... check your odometer to see if it's anything there and if you have a fault reader, get it hooked up and have a nosey. My 09 proceed has never binged unless something is sitting on the passenger seat, could be a faulty sensor there, or a faulty sensor in your seat, there is one sensor in passenger seat and one in the buckle of the seatbelt, and think there is just one for the buckle of the drivers seat, but it wouldn't chime unless you were driving ...

Hopefully another owner will have seen your problem before

·
Registered
Ceed CRDI LS
45 Posts
No experience of this on my 08 5 door hatch.
Have you got parking sensors?
If so, anything within 1.2 metres of the back bumper when you start the car?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ISG ? :confused: Give us a clue.

Seat belt / reversing sensor chime - doesn't sound like any of those.

To say it's a chime maybe is wrong more like a single electronic blip.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Is it the same sound you get when memorizing a radio station ?

Try switching to your favorite station and pressing and holding a number to memorize it under than number. It will produce a characteristic beep sound - My unit was doing that sometimes. Eventually got it replaced as it was not being able to read CDs consistently (notorious "disc error" messages)...

·
Registered
725 Posts
You're welcome. Let us know if it was that.
However, I don't know how will you have it resolved - I doubt they will replace it under warranty for just making the sound..

·
Registered
943 Posts
My car produced the "beep" this morning, I have started the engine four times today but it only beeped on the first one. It is the same beep as the radio pre-set sound only shorter and not as loud. Everything seems to be working OK but I hope the radio is not going to die, it is out of warranty in a couple of months.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have started my car several times today, no beeps from the radio. I recall this happening before, a long time ago. I put it down to a random glitch, is your beep a regular occurrence fullchat ?

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
ISG ? :confused: Give us a clue.
ISG = Intelligent Stop and Go the stop start system that stops the car when stationary to save fuel.

It turns itself off if the temp is 5 or below, or the car is on defrost, or its hot outside and the A/C is on etc. Hence the "Intelligent"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aaah ' Intelligent Stop and Go'. :lol: Thanks.

To Deeps. Haven't driven the car for a few days but I will see if it is still there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update.

Went out in the car tonight and noted a bleep after starting. Had a poke at a few of the buttons and found that Presets 2 and 6 were not working, likewise double arrow forward button to select CD tracks and radio stations. If the preset button was held for an extended time it occasionally worked.
A bit more prodding and holding in the double arrow forward button elicited a low bleep and then it started working again. Then everything was ok.
Parked up the car for a while and then pressed the buttons again. Forward button would not work and although the unit was happily playing Coldplay it stated 'Reading' on the display. Eject CD and start again. Everything OK. The steering wheel controls were working fine throughout.

The beep is exactly the same as entering a radio channel Preset.So it would appear to be a Radio/CD player issue. Maybe damp and/or maybe some dirt behind the push buttons. I have had the radio out previously to try and cure rattles/squeaks but do not know if it will be possible to remove the front panel for a bit of maintenance. Will keep monitoring.

Yes it should be a warranty job but I loathe with a passion the hassle of getting it done. Book it in for them to have a look and they don't offer a 'while you wait' service and then the same carry on to fit the bits they have to order. Popped in last week to try and get the rattly interior mirror sorted. Despite being a well documented manufacturing defect and trying to see the service manager direct they wanted me to book it in for an assessment and so on. No flexibility. With hindsight should have pulled the mirror off and slammed it on the receptionists desk.

Now that's my blood pressure back up :devil:

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
I am with you on the service hassle and dealers never hold a stock of even common parts so every time you go and they need a part you have to go back.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3 year audio warranty :mad:. Oh dear. Looks like I will have to do a bit of maintenance then.

They have to do an assessment and submit a claim to be authorised by Kia. But some things do not need much assessment if its a known issue like the mirror.

·
Registered
Kia ProCeed Sport 2.0
46 Posts
My radio has always been a bit glitchy, just thought it gave the car character lol. My CD player rarely works with home made CDs, but works fine with normal CDs... I also find that MP3 CDs work ok. If I am honest but I always use the iPod and Aux in, just better for my needs. Although the problems I had with my iPod getting it to work properly deserves another thread completely lol. Oh and I never need to reset my radio or that, just CDs are a bit weird lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the thing is just as bad today with exactly the same issues. As stated may try removing and seeing if I can get behind the buttons for some cleaning/drying.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you still get some warranty left, you better claim it. It won't get better, it will get worse.

When I claimed warranty on mine, they acknowledged the issue and said they'll call me when the unit arrives. It was a quick replace job once they called me again.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts