Kia Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Carnival Platinum and 2018 Stinger GT
4 Posts
Mine just died, the behaviour is identical to that described at the start of this thread.
It's fairly desirable to have the head unit working. Without it there's no navigation, no multimedia (Bluetooth, radio, etc), no parking cameras, you can't see any of the climate control settings (for all I know it works, but you can't see what temperature you're on or anything like that). The parking sensors still work (the display for that is in the instrument cluster).
Previous to this I've had a few cases where I needed to "reboot" the car (turn it off, lock it, then hop back in) to get the head unit working again, and some slightly irritating software bugs.
This is identical to my issue, reboot of power used to fix it. Now nothing. Still no ETA for me from dealer.

·
Registered
Kia Carnival Platinum MY17 Diesel 2.2T
10 Posts
This is identical to my issue, reboot of power used to fix it. Now nothing. Still no ETA for me from dealer.

As you recall, I updated that on April 9th I received a call from Kia Australia customer care team who advised that the unit was shipped and should arrive in a day or two. we are now 11 days since that call and the unit did not arrive yet to the dealership. I am now 14 weeks into this issue where both parties blame each other for the mishap and I am stuck in the middle with no service.

This is a disgrace!

I have officially applied to VCAT, paid the fees and waiting for a hearing where both parties (Kia Australia and Kia Chadstone) will be called up.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2017 Carnival Platinum petrol
1 Posts
Just received a call from head office Kia Australia, the headunit has been dispatched and is expected to reach the dealership in the next few days. I asked them to explain the reason for the backlog of 13 weeks, he could not give an answer...

I have his contact details if anyone needs to reach head office directly.

Will keep you posted on the progress.
Hi Gigrom,

I would appreciate his details. Our first head unit went last year and it took 5 months for a replacement to come through. The second reconditioned unit they supplied died 3 weeks ago. So the reason for the backlog is they need to get failed units in before they can recondition them and send them out again. The dealer where I ordered the replacement said they have a customer who is line before me and they have already been waiting 4 months. Looking at QCAT now so will be interested to her your outcome with VCAT. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Gigrom,

I would appreciate his details. Our first head unit went last year and it took 5 months for a replacement to come through. The second reconditioned unit they supplied died 3 weeks ago. So the reason for the backlog is they need to get failed units in before they can recondition them and send them out again. The dealer where I ordered the replacement said they have a customer who is line before me and they have already been waiting 4 months. Looking at QCAT now so will be interested to her your outcome with VCAT. Thanks in advance
Sure, happy to help.

I am still waiting on VCAT hearing date.

Kia head office customer care person I spoke with is Cameron Blinman 0297011825.

Last I heard from Kia Australia was over a week ago, they called me apologising, saying that they accidentally gave my unit to a different client and that a new unit should be shipped soon...

·
Registered
2016 Carnival Platinum and 2018 Stinger GT
4 Posts
I contacted Kia Head office 2 weeks ago and only received a reply seeking vin details and no reply since. Keep us updated, I will give them 6 weeks before I go down the ACAT path.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m still waiting, since January 21st. Kia head office promised me already twice that my unit is on its way and will be ready in a few days.

Kia customer care is a joke

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finally! after waiting for 4 months, the replacement unit was fitted in my car today.

I hope the unit will keep working for long... keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
agree, this is the original job card and the date it was opened

21 - 29 of 29 Posts