Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all fellow Kia Rio owners,

I am appealing to all of you who are having engine stalling problems like mine to write to me so I can consolidate all these complaints to KIA KOREA for their action. I need particulars such as email address, car model no, chasis number, car registration no, year of purchase.

I repeat, this is only for Kia Rio owners who are facing their engine breaking down frequently and no mechanics can detect the fault!! I don't entertain other problems such as air cond spoilt, power window spoilt etc...ONLY CARS BREAKING DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!

Thanks a lot for your cooperation!

Rgds,
Jaclyn Lim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all,

This is a very good chance to feedback regards our KIA Rio problems to Korea. As I have not yet collect my KIA, I am unable to know whether is my car a problematic ones. Pls help by passing your infos to our fellow friends_Jaclyn Lim. We must get Korea's attention & get their actions taken fast.
Pls, for those who encounter problems like "CARS BREAKING DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON". Before you decide to dump your car, get it fixed asap....
For my case, I would like to know more & thus hope friends will contribute the info & Korea's side able to solve for us.... Thanks!

Best Regards,
Michelle :blink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michelle. Too bad. Those who are facing problems chose to keep silent or act on their own. I really need to get the problem solved before I sell it off. The last thing I want now is to sell to someone without repairing it. The poor soul will for sure face this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing similar problems with my '04 Rio as you have. It has been in and out of the shop since the first month I bought it (01/2004). It is their now and they have just called me and said yet again "We could not find a problem". It continuously has acceleration problems, squealing, off and on hesitations, and has at one point completely died out leaving me stranded (fortunetly at a mall!) It is in this time for wanting to die out when turning the A/C OFF and for hesitations upon acceleration at a dead stop. It has spit and sputtered but most often I have to floor it to get it up to 30 MPH from a stop. So far I have got responsence of "That's normal" or "We can't detect a problem". The only time they couldn't use those excuses was when the car would not start. They said I had a dead battery cell and adjusted the belts yet again for the squealing noise. I contacted the KIA manufactorer yesterday before dropping my car off and today I have realized the run-a-round and cover up I have started. From the "This is the first time she has come in for this problem" to the "They are not our personnel, we have no control over if they can fix your car". Boy oh boy how evoking the Lemon Law sounds good right about now. When I get my car back tonight I will get those numbers for you and email them stat!
Sorry about the length of this post everyone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dear Jaclyn,
Currently my ride is in the workshop for some parts change due to the mis-firing and car dying on me. Things changed so far is the Mass Air Flow Sensor which was reading a much higher reading than normal. In workshop for Auto lash and engine oil pump, fuel pump change on the above prob. Spark plug cables and ignition coil might also be the culprit but they go for the major one since I think Richard had the car done up on the above change and so far his ride seems to be running fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Got my car back last Friday - changed the TPS sensor which according to Kia mechanic that the sensor is faulty and thus, can't sense how much petrol needed to be burnt in order to keep the car moving. So far car ok except not as smooth as before. Emailede to Richard on the vibrating sound when my car's engine still running while on stationary mode. Will be sending car back to Kia for a thorough check again.

Am glad to hv you and Richard to share the experiences with. For awhile there, I tot I was having pyschological problem with driving...:)

Rgds,
Jaclyn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.