Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 EX Sportage AWD
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm coming up on 100k miles, and am going through the owner's manual for recommended maintenance.
So far, I haven't seen any mention of replacing the auto trans fluid, and flipping forward a few pages, at 140k the manual notes there's no action needed with it.
I'm a stickler for following the owner's manual with recommended maintenance...but is that right?
Do I really never have to check or drain/fill the ATF?

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
511 Posts
As far as Kia (and many other makes) is concerned, warranty period is duration of the car's life, outside that - it's your problem. They do it to show lower car ownership cost.
I'd do drain and fill only at this point. Personally, I did full ATF exchange (not a flush) on both my Kias with Forte at 30k miles and Sportage at 20k miles and doing drain and fills every 30k miles since then.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
511 Posts
As far as Kia (and many other makes) is concerned, warranty period is duration of the car's life, outside that - it's your problem. They do it to show lower car ownership cost.
I'd do drain and fill only at this point. Personally, I did full ATF exchange (not a flush) on both my Kias with Forte at 30k miles and Sportage at 20k miles and doing drain and fills every 30k miles since then.

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
718 Posts
+1 ^^^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts