Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Spectra 08 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good companions, I come this day to ask your opinion about ATF, we are about to flush the automatic box of 2 cars in the family ... and we have little confusion if using Super S or Valvoline, by tradition we have used Valvoline but I would like to know opinions about Super S, which is a brand that I have seen for a long time and if I have not found bad opinions, neither good ...
The car is: Spectra/Cerato 2008 EX with 140,000 miles

What can you tell me?
Thank you

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
935 Posts
Please check your owners manual for the proper fluid type and amount.
If the two you mention cross reference perfectly with the OEM specification, there should be no issues.
Good luck!!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,921 Posts
With the mileage on the car and the probable build up of metal filings... In the tranny pan DO NOT FLUSH the fluid...
just drain and refill with Valvoline Full Synthetic (Diamond Type III on the back label of the bottle) available at WalMart... Flushing can cause the filings to get stuck in the valve body and really screw up the tranny... Draining allows the filings to exit the drain and the replacement fluid will replace worn out additives needed to extent the tranny's life...
Dave

·
Registered
Spectra 08 EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the mileage on the car and the probable build up of metal filings... In the tranny pan DO NOT FLUSH the fluid...
just drain and refill with Valvoline Full Synthetic (Diamond Type III on the back label of the bottle) available at WalMart... Flushing can cause the filings to get stuck in the valve body and really screw up the tranny... Draining allows the filings to exit the drain and the replacement fluid will replace worn out additives needed to extent the tranny's life...
Dave
What you think of filter change? no necessary?

thanks Dave!

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,454 Posts
YES replace the filter that is held to the trans. valve body by 3 phillips head screws. Yes it means taking the bottom pan off. It is a filter and the pick up point to pass thru the oil into the trans. working parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts