Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey greetings everyone..
Im looking to change my atf fluid for the first time and was wondering if anybody could give me a quick walkthru and where it all is under the hood. Ive done transmission fluid changes before in my Acura EL but im not familar with this 2001 Sephia LS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay.. here we are

jack car up.. put on jack stands.. put jack under tranny and make sure there is some resistance..

remove the cross member thinging.. 6 bolts.. 2 of which are mounted to the motor mount.. remove cross member it will hang loose around the jack which you can now remove.

clean area around the transmission pan. breakcleaner and a wire brush work great.

remove bolts around transmission pan and then pry the pan from the seal with screwdriver can take a bit of prying...

fluid will poor out pretty quick from here ensure that oil catch pan is placed well and actually before you put the car on the jack stands use some newspaper or cardboard to cover the floor for any spillage.. let drain for 10 minutes or untill dripping stops.. should drain about 3 liters as the torque converter will probably hold the remaineder of the oil..

I reused the gasket which was rubber as it looked in pretty fair shape and covered my bases with some HIGH HEAT liquid gasket as a precaution..

replace the pan and put the cross member back on.. jack up the tranny so that the bolts go on easy.. tighten everthing to proper specs and wait 1 hour for the liquid gasket to cure.. then lower car back down and add tranny fluid, as much as needed..

took 3 hours.. i guess thats why it costs 100 bucks for a drop/fill at MR lube. and 200 bucks for a total flush at kia dealership.. btw canadian dollars.. it cost me only 36 bucks for 6 liters of spIII oil from the deal.. which i only used 3 liters..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts