Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 KIA Carens 2l CRDi Automatic LS. KIA Picanto 1.1 LX
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
So i just bought a new ( reclaimed) grey armrest with the small tray underneath for my 2007 Carens. the new armrest comes out from a 2009 Carens.
This new armrest has an extra hole ( circular about 35mm) in the bottoom front of the small tray, with a small black inset door that slides over it to close it.

What is the hole designed for?

Thanks. :huh:

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX Tech/Premium; 2008 Rondo EX V6 7-seater
255 Posts
My understanding is the hole is for routing power cords between the lower compartment and the upper compartment. So you could say plug in your USB charger to the 12V power socket in the lower compartment, and then keep your cell phone hidden in the upper chamber to receive the cord and charge the phone or something.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
KingFatty, I agree. That's what I always understood it as being for. Can also run a 3.5mm cable for aux audio and leave an mp3 player in the upper compartment so it's not laying out in the open.

·
Registered
2007 KIA Carens 2l CRDi Automatic LS. KIA Picanto 1.1 LX
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Ahh...Simples.

thanks.

Not fitted it yet, I had a look and it appears very complicated to get to the fixing bolts. scouring the forum now to see if anyone's posted any instructions or taken the centre console apart before.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts