Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to my fustrated post.
I purchased a 2005 Spectra in October of 2004. When test driving the car, the dealership did not have any 2005s in stock but we were informed it was same car. So purchase made without driving a 2005. Not even the dealer knew that the 2005 seats were being revamped. With that issue, the driver's seat has been repacked 3 times because the foam keeps sliding out and causing pain in the posterior...literally. When the car arrived off the boat, it had no spoiler as ordered. So a spoiler was ordered. It arrived 2 weeks later.. the wrong colour. The second spoiler arrived 2 months later and was installed Dec 22nd. The keyfobs for keyless entry arrived, but to this day are still not programmed because the dealership can't do it. They have yet to contact Kia Canada for assitance and continue to state its a Kia wide problem when in fact it is their dealership only (I have verified this with calls to Kia Canada and other Kia dealerships). The drivers seatbelt nearly choked the life out of me when it suddenly dropped in the adjustment thingie in the frame of the car and then locked down and locked against my body. This has now been repaired. And I have had issues with respect to the tradein vehicle registration that was subsequently sold from the dealership but that is... OFF TOPIC. :)
I have asked Kia Canada for some form of compensation for the lack of service and the continued issues with the keyfobs and seats... they told me they are in no position to offer me anything. The dealership has also declined.
So help this fed up Spectra owner and stop her from taking the car back and telling the dealership what they can do with this car...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Give a call to Scott Kia in Red Deer. Their techs are great, and very nice to talk to. I don't think you'd get the same run-around with them! If you tell them what happened in Calgary, I'm sure they'll bend over backwards to help you out.

Devin

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
22 Posts
I agree, start dealing with a new dealer.
It might be a pain doing the legwork to find a dealer you're comfortable with, but once you find them, things will go a lot smoother.

Went through the same thing here in Ottawa, glad I walked through the doors at KIA 417 - they are AWESOME!

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio5
140 Posts
This is just a bad dealer. Its not Kia Canada's fault that the dealer is an a-hole. My dealer here in TO is amazing and very cooperative. Dont bother calling a general line at Kia Canada. Call the Regional Service Manager for your area and tell him about the issues with the dealer and advise him that you are going to contact the newpaper ( I think you have a Sun paper there) and advise them of the bad service provided by this dealer and Kia in general. That worked great for me with Chrysler. The Regional manager came down to the dealer and reamed them good for screwing me around as well as making them replace a large portion of my drivetrain.
good luck
bm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts