Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused I Need to replace the upper control arm bushing but I have no clue if I need to whole control arm if it's integrated with the upper bushing and if it is the same thing as the upper ball joint I don't need the lower ball joint it's been replaced.Can someone please explain as much as possible. THANK!

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
The upper control arm contains 1 ball joint an 2 upper bushings. The bushings are press in & out ( replaceable ) .The ball joint is replaced with a complete assembly including bushings.
Hope this Helps.
chief

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
649 Posts
Personally, I would change the whole Upper A arm. By the time you pay someone to press out the old bushings and press the new bushings you have to buy in, you could be close to buying the upper a arm and get a new ball joint too. Check out RockAuto Parts Catalog for good pricing on a arms, less than $40 before shipping.
UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told I have to replace the whole control arm but were exactly can I get just the bushings for the upper control arm? if ebay has them can u link them to me please.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
+ 1 upyourkia. wwwrockauto.com . You have to remove the upper control arm to replace the bushings about $ 15.00 each . For a extra $15.00 you get the upper ball joint.
Now for the hard part removing the upper bushing mounting bolts. There 's a cam washer behind the head of the bolt with degree markings on them. I used a paint pen to mark their relation to a non moving surface. These bolts may rusted in place an cutting may be necessary. Replacement bolts are purchased from dealer. Transfer your paint markings to new bolts before installing. Realignment still maybe necessary.
There is a clamping bolt on the upper ball joint that must be removed completely before separating from the spindle. Install in reverse order . Hope this helps.
chief

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.