Registered
2004 kia rio
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo / 2001 Kia Rio
204 Posts
seems very likely. i would plasti-gauge them as a safety measure when you get the new bearings and assemble. then you will know 100% .

·
Registered
2004 kia rio
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for response,Yes for sure I will plastiguage,The thing is I cannot just buy 1 bearing to test and see if its the correct one so ill have to buy the entire set and hope its the correct ones,Things would be so much easier if I could just buy 1 bearing then plastiguage it on all 4 rods to confirm all 4 need the same size instead I have to buy all 4 first then test and hope all 4 take the same size and if they are not the right oned om stuck with all 4 bearings (technically 8 since one rod takes two halves) and out $30 and must try again and possably be wrong again....Im pretty sure since the only number on the rods i can see is #2 that i need the std blue bearings ill post again in the future to tell the results,Thanks again.

·
Registered
2004 kia rio
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm rebuilding the a6d engine from 2004 kia rio and the fsm says the rod bearings have a color chart by number where you match the number of the connecting rod to the number of the chart,all four on my rods have #2 on the side which seems to translate to "blue" rod bearings.Well when ordering rod bearings there is no blue just std/.10 etc so im confusedf with how this color chart works can someone help me understand because I just ordered the only option that seemed good and thats STD size bearings which I hope will be in spec after plasti guage.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,702 Posts
So I'm rebuilding the a6d engine from 2004 kia rio and the fsm says the rod bearings have a color chart by number where you match the number of the connecting rod to the number of the chart,all four on my rods have #2 on the side which seems to translate to "blue" rod bearings.Well when ordering rod bearings there is no blue just std/.10 etc so im confusedf with how this color chart works can someone help me understand because I just ordered the only option that seemed good and thats STD size bearings which I hope will be in spec after plasti guage.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts