Kia Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
17' Sorento SXL V6 AWD, 14' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech, 16 Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory, 14' BMW S1000R
828 Posts
Even the stock HIDs were no good even after adjusting their aim. I replaced them with aftermarket HIDs and it is a night and day difference. I have posted on these forums the pics at night.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SXL
38 Posts
Yes they are. They need to be aimed higher which has helped. I also think the auto light control is very lazy in adjusting the brightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you find a way around the auto brightness (light control)? How to aim higher and make them brighter? I tried aiming higher. But auto leveling bring it back to where they were.

·
Registered
17' Sorento SXL V6 AWD, 14' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech, 16 Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory, 14' BMW S1000R
828 Posts
Did you find a way around the auto brightness (light control)? How to aim higher and make them brighter? I tried aiming higher. But auto leveling bring it back to where they were.
You will have to keep turning them up. I sometimes think my auto leveling and DBL doesn't work right ..

·
Registered
2017 Sorento
38 Posts
I don't have any issues with the lights on our 17 EX. Funny I don't even know what lights it has and I am a car guy and used to be an ASE master tech... They turn on and I can see down the road. Now I have friends that complain about the lighting in their vehicles and I have no problem with them but then I ask what can you see... Usually they can't see as far as I can because they have cataracts...

I guess I need to see what headlights the 17 EX 040 package had on it now....

That said the lights are not as good as the ones I put on my El Camino. It has 4 low beam E-code glass lens headlights. With 2 it's bright with the nice euro cutoff with 4 low beams it's really nice. With no oncoming traffic the 90 watt high beams are like a small sun shining forward... The 66 mustang will get them as well.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
898 Posts
But of course, those 90W high beams aren't exactly street legal unless you're on runway 16 Left (which is how we bought them in the old days). Use them carefully!

·
Registered
2017 Sorento
38 Posts
But of course, those 90W high beams aren't exactly street legal unless you're on runway 16 Left (which is how we bought them in the old days). Use them carefully!
True and the low beams are so good I don't even bother with the high beams. Oh I checked the Sorento and it has the HID lights in it. I'm happy with them.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts