Kia Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have issues with the headlights on our 2016 Sorento. We purchased it last year at the end of August, the lights were fine back then. We just noticed about 2 weeks ago a dark area where the headlights should be shining further in front. When we put our high beams on, you can really notice this dark area between the high beams & low beams. It is not safe to drive at night. The dealer/service dept at our local dealership checked them out, and claimed they are to specification. No they are not! Anyone else notice this dark area? It seems to me like the headlights somehow moved lower on their own.
We have the same problem with our .. my husband tried to reset them no luck we can't drive at night at all we are going to buy new light

·
Super Moderator
9,188 Posts
We have the same problem with our .. my husband tried to reset them no luck we can't drive at night at all we are going to buy new light
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

·
Registered
824 Posts
Even the stock HIDs were no good even after adjusting their aim. I replaced them with aftermarket HIDs and it is a night and day difference. I have posted on these forums the pics at night.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes they are. They need to be aimed higher which has helped. I also think the auto light control is very lazy in adjusting the brightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you find a way around the auto brightness (light control)? How to aim higher and make them brighter? I tried aiming higher. But auto leveling bring it back to where they were.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Did you find a way around the auto brightness (light control)? How to aim higher and make them brighter? I tried aiming higher. But auto leveling bring it back to where they were.
You will have to keep turning them up. I sometimes think my auto leveling and DBL doesn't work right ..

81 - 86 of 86 Posts
About this Discussion
85 Replies
41 Participants
CrazyBiker
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing