Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Ceed, I wanted to lay a long sheet of chipboard from front windscreen to rear parcel shelf, across the seat tops. Managed to remove rear seat headrests but couldn't get the front passenger headrest to come out of the slots. The same was with the drivers headrest. Are these front headrests removable or a fixed safety feature?

·
Registered
2010 ceed sw2 and a bit BD59FHY
95 Posts
NO, they are fixed. There are cables running up inside the front seats and then through one of the arms of the headrest which links with pressure bars at the bottom of the seat backs with a mechanism fitted to the front of the headrests. In the event of a rear end shunt, the passengers hips and lower back are rammed into pressure bar which, through the cable, forces the headrest forwards to protect you from whiplash.

·
Registered
Kia pro ceed 3 2013
271 Posts
NO, they are fixed. There are cables running up inside the front seats and then through one of the arms of the headrest which links with pressure bars at the bottom of the seat backs with a mechanism fitted to the front of the headrests. In the event of a rear end shunt, the passengers hips and lower back are rammed into pressure bar which, through the cable, forces the headrest forwards to protect you from whiplash.
A rather impressive answer, clear and to the point. Even understood it myself.

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help received here. Good job I didn't try to force the headrests out of their location:mad:. Did manage to get the chipboard worktop in by altering angle of front passenger seat so the headrest was in more of a horizontal plane.

·
Registered
2010 ceed sw2 and a bit BD59FHY
95 Posts
Why, thank you!

Johnfranklyn, thanks for compliment but I'll let you into a little secret. I've been a production engineer at Rolls-Royce Aero Engines for over 40 years. If I didn't give clear and concise descriptions and instructions they would sack me. :D:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Johnfranklyn, thanks for compliment but I'll let you into a little secret. I've been a production engineer at Rolls-Royce Aero Engines for over 40 years. If I didn't give clear and concise descriptions and instructions they would sack me. :D:D

What a lovely answer :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts