Kia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento X-Line Gravity Gray
31 Posts
I'm not sure what the change is but I updated prior to them pulling it down.

Looking at my USB drive, the file is:
system_package_KMC.USA.0000.V008.001.220419.171033.tar

After downloading it again, I see:
system_package_KMC.USA.0000.V008.001.220504.181102.tar
Interesting. I guess I'll load the newest one after I updated. Hopefully don't brick the system.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento X-Line Gravity Gray
31 Posts
Yes, I did that, but it still showing 2/3 map and 1/3 radio, clock etc....

It's not full map across the whole screen like in the link I shared.
AA widescreen does not have the full wide map unfortunately.

·
Registered
2021 sorento SX gravity grey w. Burgundy
38 Posts
AA widescreen does not have the full wide map unfortunately.
Dang! Only for the hyundai elantra and such i guess. Lol

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-line AWD
27 Posts
I came across this article that said some Hyundai and kia cars got the wider screen for AA with the new update. Mine does not do this. Tried everything but still split screen. Can any Kia Sorento owners confirm that theirs is now wide-screen and not split?

The article you referenced to gives you screenshots that give the false impression that the map can be full screen. This isn't the case with Android Auto. With carplay it is. Look at the explanation and article below. It is updated to be full screen, but it's not exactly what you think.

The update worked for my Sorento in the sense that it's a "fuller" screen Android Auto. Definitely looks different after the update and uses more screen space. I just did it earlier today. In addition as someone else has already said you do have to uncheck the split screen on device connections.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The article you referenced to gives you screenshots that give the false impression that the map can be full screen. This isn't the case with Android Auto. With carplay it is. Look at the explanation and article below. It is updated to be full screen, but it's not exactly what you think.

The update worked for my Sorento in the sense that it's a "fuller" screen Android Auto. Definitely looks different after the update and uses more screen space. I just did it earlier today. In addition as someone else has already said you do have to uncheck the split screen on device connections.

Dang! I hate fake news. 😆

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV SX Prestige
84 Posts
Someone on the Facebook Sorento group said the full screen for AA requires a setting change in developer options on the Android device. I cannot confirm as I use an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did notice the original update before the servers went down is a different build number. I installed the new one (May 11th) and don't see any differences. I did notice that the "extra_package_KMC.USA" and "system_package_KMC.USA" files on the USB were the only differences, so maybe something changed for our southern friends?

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-line AWD
27 Posts
Someone on the Facebook Sorento group said the full screen for AA requires a setting change in developer options on the Android device. I cannot confirm as I use an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tis the truth. Only comes in at 720p So things are a little stretched looking and lower resolution
Does the phone need to be plugged into the car to find these settings? Cause I have a Samsung S10 and the 3 dots in AA app only have feedback options.
Step 2 from what samurai Jack said. Once you do that they'll appear

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
343 Posts
Tis the truth. Only comes in at 720p So things are a little stretched looking and lower resolution
Step 2 from what samurai Jack said. Once you do that they'll appear
Love me some Samurai Jack! :)

Reactions: Redhtbassplyr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment Personal luxury car

Just did the update this afternoon.

Still not a fan of the tiny text box for song details on the new radio screen, especially given how much wasted space there is.

It is nice finally having my streaming music on the split screen next to Google Maps, though!

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
187 Posts
Install the Download software here:

Then find your year and make, Download to a 3.0 USB flash drive with atleast 64GB. when done, plug it into your car, start car and wait atleast 1.5hrs to complete.
The car is driveable while the update goes on - you lose your backup camera and radio/nav functions, but the car works.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
343 Posts
One cool feature of the April 2022 update is you can now flash while the vehicle is off. You have to ALREADY be on the April 2022 version. I reflashed because I had done it a week or so ago and it gave me the option to flash while vehicle is off if it has sufficient battery charge. Pretty cool... after this one - no more idling or driving around in order to flash the system.

Reactions: M4A1
61 - 80 of 87 Posts