Kia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SXP Aruba Green/Rust
77 Posts
I believe you. They must have pulled the update due to issues.
Curious if those who managed to install it already are going to need to redo it.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr. Wigglesworth

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed before it was pulled and noticed a couple of bugs:
  • Had started the car, and began to drive before the head unit finished booting. I tried to turn up the radio volume using steering wheel buttons, only to have it keep increasing to max volume. I stopped, restarted the car and pressed the hard reset button on the head unit in order to be able to turn it down.
  • A map in the area has a section of commonly travelled road completely missing. I am wondering if this from somewhere upstream from the map provider. I think someone who lives on that road submitted a fake map report to Here maps (or whatever provider they use) to say that part of the road no longer exists to avoid tourists who use navigation from travelling down that stretch.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line Aruba Green
36 Posts
I downloaded and installed the Navigation Updater application. However, it tells me that "Download for this vehicle is not yet available". Where did y'all get the update from?

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV SX Prestige
84 Posts
I downloaded and installed the Navigation Updater application. However, it tells me that "Download for this vehicle is not yet available". Where did y'all get the update from?
I think they pulled it - I was able to download it this past weekend but now am unable to do so. I think it has some bugs so they must be addressing those and we will have to wait for another update. This is just my presumption - I have no official evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line AWD
27 Posts
I think they pulled it - I was able to download it this past weekend but now am unable to do so. I think it has some bugs so they must be addressing those and we will have to wait for another update. This is just my presumption - I have no official evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the site now says that neither my Telluride nor Sorento have updates available, yet the mapnsoft.com site that Kia-Hyundai own says the updates are available. Wish they'd get their testing done in beta before they push SW out. Then owners wouldn't become inadvertent beta testers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The release notes for this April's software update only list navigation updates.

Do these software updates potentially contain other changes to the rest of the software outside of the nav system?
I contacted Kia and they said it also contained updates to Kia Connect … though this still hasn’t fixed the problem with updating mileage and battery charge.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento SX-P X-line AWD
27 Posts
From Kia when I asked why the updater says no software is available for my updates: "currently the Navigation Updater is down for server maintenance. It should be up after May 12th to download the map and software updates." Awfully long maintenance cycle, if you ask me. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
343 Posts
Nice. Looking forward to seeing this myself

As an earlier poster mentioned, the April 2022 software update is not available for the 2022 Sorento, at least in North America. Grrrrrr!!!!!
Mine worked on Monday, May 2nd..... The issue is they now have their download site down for maintenance.

Now I'm a bit worried the one I installed is buggy. :oops:

Reactions: C-Trink

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
343 Posts
I was able to get everything copied to my flash drive. When I put it in the car it said the update was not compatible with my vehicle.

I realized that last update (NOV) I updated to a 2022 software even though I have a 2021 to see if I could get the new logo on my screens, which didn't work.

So, I went back to the Navigation Updater program and chose 2021 Sorento and got this message, "Download for this vehicle is not yet available." Has anyone with a 2021 done the update yet? I saw a post where someone said they did it on their 2021 SX (same as me), so I'm not sure what's going on.

View attachment 123905
I just tried running the Kia Navigation Updater software and got this same message.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The update recall happened with the last update too. I think realistically there will be a May/December update cycle in the future.

I’m conflicted about the missing Nixie tubes in the radio display. I thought they were quirky but the new-old design is much more function.

As an aside, I’m very impressed that the Navigation Updater can run on Linux using Wine.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
151 Posts
I was able to get everything copied to my flash drive. When I put it in the car it said the update was not compatible with my vehicle.

I realized that last update (NOV) I updated to a 2022 software even though I have a 2021 to see if I could get the new logo on my screens, which didn't work.

So, I went back to the Navigation Updater program and chose 2021 Sorento and got this message, "Download for this vehicle is not yet available." Has anyone with a 2021 done the update yet? I saw a post where someone said they did it on their 2021 SX (same as me), so I'm not sure what's going on.

View attachment 123905
I'm starting to feel like I'm a beta tester; installing these updates right away with great excitement lol. I think I'll start waiting for the updates to be out for awhile, though actually I haven't experienced any issue with mine yet.:unsure:

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
151 Posts
The update recall happened with the last update too. I think realistically there will be a May/December update cycle in the future.

I’m conflicted about the missing Nixie tubes in the radio display. I thought they were quirky but the new-old design is much more function.

As an aside, I’m very impressed that the Navigation Updater can run on Linux using Wine.
I thought the radio tubes were cool. But then, I grew up in the 60s when every drug store had a test stand and assortment of vacuum tubes for purchase.👨‍🦳

...not to mention that rock guitarists are always after that tube amp sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Huh, I have the 2022 PHEV Sorento in the US with the Gen5W.... MQ4PHEV_22.USA.S5W.... and the Kia Navigation updated on my Mac says the software isn't available. Yeah, definitely looks like the update was pulled and/or the update server is down. I'll keep watching for bug reports from the field for now.

·
Registered
2021 sorento SX gravity grey w. Burgundy
38 Posts
I came across this article that said some Hyundai and kia cars got the wider screen for AA with the new update. Mine does not do this. Tried everything but still split screen. Can any Kia Sorento owners confirm that theirs is now wide-screen and not split?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did they update it again or is it the same version as the software that was posted in April ?
I'm not sure what the change is but I updated prior to them pulling it down.

Looking at my USB drive, the file is:
system_package_KMC.USA.0000.V008.001.220419.171033.tar

After downloading it again, I see:
system_package_KMC.USA.0000.V008.001.220504.181102.tar

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento X-Line Gravity Gray
31 Posts
I came across this article that said some Hyundai and kia cars got the wider screen for AA with the new update. Mine does not do this. Tried everything but still split screen. Can any Kia Sorento owners confirm that theirs is now wide-screen and not split?

A response was posted above. You have to disable UVO split screen when using Android Auto under phone projection settings

41 - 60 of 87 Posts