Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
237 Posts
It lists audio as well. Audio and Nav are the regular updates. If you haven't, click on each update to see details of the changes. I doubt there's any changes outside what is described

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD
54 Posts
I downloaded both updates on separate thumb drives, and installed the larger Nav update first......and it changed the audio display as well.

Just to be sure, I inserted the drive with just the Audio update, and the file was not recognized. So, I guess the first update was all inclusive.

·
Registered
2022 Sorento PHEV SX Prestige
84 Posts
I downloaded on my Mac using the Kia downloader app. I was concerned because all it said was navigation on the files it copied to the flash drive. But it appears to have updated the radio firmware and not just added new maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just updated my '22 Sorento. Wow, it took over 0 hours to download. I was hoping it would allow for apple carplay, but it only does it still while phone is wired to the usb port. I was hoping that I could do without the
CarlinKit 3.0 but it still says that you have to plug the phone in or use the Carlinkit. BTW the Carlikit works great.

·
Registered
2021 sorento SX gravity grey w. Burgundy
41 Posts
I have downloaded the file and put it on a USB. How long does it take to complete the update ? Can you update while driving ?
It's a big update this time, and it took over an hour to complete for me. Might depend on the transfer rate of your USB stick. Yes you can drive while it updates, but all functions are disabled (cameras, radio, navigation etc....)

·
Registered
2021 sorento SX gravity grey w. Burgundy
41 Posts
Some new looks with the update (10.25" screen)

• Driver assistance
  • radio (tubes are gone)
  • climate screen (wish we could control from this screen too)
  • voice recognition animation

I think it looks cleaner.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SXP Aruba Green/Rust
76 Posts
This update is an ongoing shitshow for me. The program to download the update refused to recognize that my macbook had enough space to download it, so I offloaded all my photos (largest data folder) to my external hard drive, and it still wouldn't recognize the open disk space. Reintegrating the photos folder made its own mess. After restarting the computer a few times, the update download finally went through, no idea why or what changed, but when I tried to transfer it to the formatted thumb drive, it threw a "could not read" error at the last second and deleted most of the 34gb file. Trying for the third time to download the update, and it got to 99% and quit again.

• Wow
Reactions: RT0870

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I downloaded both updates on separate thumb drives, and installed the larger Nav update first......and it changed the audio display as well.

Just to be sure, I inserted the drive with just the Audio update, and the file was not recognized. So, I guess the first update was all inclusive.
That makes sense since the notice for the audio-specific update says it only applies to Gen2V and Gen1. My 2021 Sorento is a Gen5W, so only the Nav Map and Software update would be applicable. However, it does appear that the Nav Map and Software update does include audio updates as well judging by previous comments in this thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This update is an ongoing shitshow for me. The program to download the update refused to recognize that my macbook had enough space to download it, so I offloaded all my photos (largest data folder) to my external hard drive, and it still wouldn't recognize the open disk space. Reintegrating the photos folder made its own mess. After restarting the computer a few times, the update download finally went through, no idea why or what changed, but when I tried to transfer it to the formatted thumb drive, it threw a "could not read" error at the last second and deleted most of the 34gb file. Trying for the third time to download the update, and it got to 99% and quit again.
Mac Storage:
I also ran into the storage space issue with my iMac (2020 model). I discovered that (for me anyway), it was due to my iCloud drive settings. Once I changed some settings (I've forgotten a few of the other steps, but a key step is the checkbox "Optimize Mac Storage" under iCloud settings). I also discovered that it took a while before my mac 'cleaned up' unneeded space so that I could use it for the download (I think it was at least 30 minutes, YMMV).

thumb drive:
Maybe related to one of the steps requiring the thumb drive to be formatted in a specific format (instructions are here).

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX AWD Gravity Gray 2012 Kia Sorento LX AWD 3.5V6 Dark Cherry
151 Posts
Just did the update on my 2021 SX. Used a SanDisk 128GB Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C - USB-C, USB 3.1 - SDDDC2-128G-G46
...deleted the pre-installed files from the flash drive, quick formatted it to exFAT, copied and pasted the files onto it, and hoped the Kia would recognize it; worked fine. I should have noted the time, but it seems to have taken about 1-1/4 hours. I left the vehicle running out of fear that it would crash-and-burn otherwise.

o_O

Why, oh why did they not delete the "Sounds of Nature"?!

😩

·
Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SXP Aruba Green/Rust
76 Posts
I was able to finally get it copied over to the thumb drive, took about an hour of the car idling for it to complete the update, but it's done (y)

Reactions: Jabjong
1 - 20 of 87 Posts