Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-line, Aruba green, black interior
3 Posts
Where is the location of the SD card slot on the 2021 Kia Sorento x-line?

·
Registered
Canada 2014 Optima SX Turbo 2.0L
1 Posts
Thank you. Since day one, I was wondering if we can get updates to the Nav. Mine is so outdated. 2014 Optima.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige Xline, Aruba Green Ext/Rust Int
40 Posts
It took over an hour to download and get it to the USB Drive. For some reason the d/l speed was super slow and I have a directly connected 100meg cable connection. And the write to the Flash drive was also slow and it's a USB 3.1 but my computer is a few years old so that may have not mattered anyway. I am not sure how long it took in the car, I just popped it and and let it do it's thing.

I like the home screen much better. It now has has the radio info on the bottom left under weather, and time at the top right, nav on the purple screen it much more readable and actually useful now. One other really nice thing is now when the 1/3 side screen is active, when I hit radio it will show Nav there, and when hitting Nav it will show radio, not 2 Navs and 2 Radios like before. Not sure what the other changes are but I notice it does now have a sound setting where you can pick a spot in the car to have the sound kind of directed to, I forget what they call it, focus point or something.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
619 Posts
Thank you. Since day one, I was wondering if we can get updates to the Nav. Mine is so outdated. 2014 Optima.
The cutoff for free updates is in the 2014-2015 model year range, so you'll have to check if there's a free downloadable update for your model.

·
Registered
Blue Sorento SX TGDI 2021 AWD
22 Posts
It took over an hour to download and get it to the USB Drive. For some reason the d/l speed was super slow and I have a directly connected 100meg cable connection. And the write to the Flash drive was also slow and it's a USB 3.1 but my computer is a few years old so that may have not mattered anyway. I am not sure how long it took in the car, I just popped it and and let it do it's thing.

I like the home screen much better. It now has has the radio info on the bottom left under weather, and time at the top right, nav on the purple screen it much more readable and actually useful now. One other real

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Got the update done, and they really need to make it easier and clearer to understand. I initially chose the “Background Update” as I was going to be driving, and it didn’t go through despite a 2hr drive. I finally caved in and did the “regular” update during my drive back. It went quicker, but when it got to the point where it was restarting the system and reloading data, I felt a shudder and saw the Emergency Braking notification pop up a couple of times and then it restarted the update all over again. Fortunately, my car was parked this time when it got to the system restart, and the update went through. Not sure if the Emergency Braking was related to the update, but it sure seemed to be. Probably safer to do the update in a parked car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
One thing odd... when I did the update I noticed it did say done but showed another update (same USB Drive & Update files still in there). I thought nothing of it and did not update again. Things were different and definitely updated. So today my curiosity got the best of me. I put the USB drive back in the car (again the same exact drive with same exact updates, I did not redownload anything). It showed another update like before so I took note of the version number and the one that I just updated. They were different. The new new update showed a higher number. So I went and did it again and everything went fine. After that it did not show it needed another update and the version number is now the later one. I did not notice anything newer though. I guess it had to be updated to the next version before the latest update. I did have the purple interface prior though.

EDIT:
Something strange happened with the second update. It made everything in the digital cluster go to Kilometers instead of Miles. I checked and it is the USA update. I went into "units" via infotainment screen to change it and it was already set to Miles and just going into that fixed it even though I have not changed it. So if anyone else sees their Miles suddenly changed to KM after updating just go into "units" in the infotainment screen and that should do it, no need to even change anything. Jay

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige/X-Line
40 Posts
My 2021 Sorento already had the purple software.

Downloaded & made the USB last night.

It took about 45-50 minutes total to do the update, which needed a 32 Gig USB Drive.

It went fine, but when it restored data, it failed to put me back on MPH, it changed all my units to KM.

Other than that, all seems good so far.

I've only had this car a day, but this system has been relatively easy to learn. I need to activate UVO later. I haven't done that yet. I put things off until I got on current software.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can someone double check my version numbers?

Kia's site doesn't show the new numbers on their software table.

Is this proper? I only asked, as I see a couple of posts about about having to run the update multiple times...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is what I had after the 2nd update. The first update gave me a lesser number. It has the "Update" button enabled again for some reason now but after the second update when I did it prior it was unlit. I am not doing another update though until eventually there's another online.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is what I had after the 2nd update. The first update gave me a lesser number. It has the "Update" button enabled again for some reason now but after the second update when I did it prior it was unlit. I am not doing another update though until eventually there's another online.

View attachment 118531

View attachment 118532
Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-line, Aruba green, black interior
3 Posts
I upgraded the Navigation last night using a thumb drive, I left the car running and it took about 30 minutes. I didn't get there when the update finished, and found it had started running the update again when it should have finished. I turned off my engine (and my lights) and let it run a second time (another 30 mins) and took the drive out when it said the update was complete, strange. I like the new home screen and the fine tuning of the Bose sound is much better. I haven't had much opportunity to look deeper since it's my wife's car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I upgraded the Navigation last night using a thumb drive, I left the car running and it took about 30 minutes. I didn't get there when the update finished, and found it had started running the update again when it should have finished. I turned off my engine (and my lights) and let it run a second time (another 30 mins) and took the drive out when it said the update was complete, strange. I like the new home screen and the fine tuning of the Bose sound is much better. I haven't had much opportunity to look deeper since it's my wife's car.
I mentioned in a prior post... I believe it has to do two updates. When mine first finished it was updated but the update button was "lit" again. I hit update and it showed the numbers of the update so I went back and looked at what mine was and it was a lesser number for sure (I think a 5.xxx or something?). So I did the update again and it finished with the one that it showed (6.xxx?). My thinking is there was an interim update somewhere along the line which they only put in some newer produced cars or some international cars and ours had to get that one before the final one. I believe this to be the case because even before this update which you'll notice the homescreen has radio on it now under the weather to the bottom left, some videos out there had that screen before this update ever released.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I mentioned in a prior post... I believe it has to do two updates. When mine first finished it was updated but the update button was "lit" again. I hit update and it showed the numbers of the update so I went back and looked at what mine was and it was a lesser number for sure (I think a 5.xxx or something?). So I did the update again and it finished with the one that it showed (6.xxx?). My thinking is there was an interim update somewhere along the line which they only put in some newer produced cars or some international cars and ours had to get that one before the final one. I believe this to be the case because even before this update which you'll notice the homescreen has radio on it now under the weather to the bottom left, some videos out there had that screen before this update ever released.
It looks like I got to your version with my first update.

I did send a message to Kia asking them the current version #'s we should have. I think I'm all the way there. I almost wonder if the Update button becomes 'hot' again, just because there is a drive hooked up with an update.

Still learning the Kia way, I had this stuff down pat in Ford Sync.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It looks like I got to your version with my first update.

I did send a message to Kia asking them the current version #'s we should have. I think I'm all the way there. I almost wonder if the Update button becomes 'hot' again, just because there is a drive hooked up with an update.

Still learning the Kia way, I had this stuff down pat in Ford Sync.
Do you remember if prior to this update you only had the time and weather on the main screen (bottom left) or did you have the weather radio info lower left, time top right?

I had Nissan's infotainment my last one which was much more "simpler" and ford sync prior to that so I know what you mean. There's just a ton of stuff on the kia.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts