Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi & Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi SW
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 2 Cee'ds, one purchased from new and the other a Kia Approved Used car from the same Kia dealer.

I have had the approved used car now for nearly a year and in that time I have asked on several occasions for the service booklet. When I purchased the car I asked specifically about the service history as I did not want to discover any issues with the car later on, only to discover that repairs under the warranty would not be honored due to the car not being serviced/maintained correctly.

I was assured that this was not a problem and that the warranty was still valid. Also the car was serviced just before I collected it (the service was due 6 weeks later and part of the deal was that I wanted it serviced for me before collection as I didn't want to fork out £200-£300 within 6 weeks of owning it).

Unfortunately, on the phone today I have now been told that although they can see that the car has been serviced twice(its a 59 plate) they will be unable to issue a new service booklet with a stamp for the first service. They have said they can hand write it in but no stamp.

On the Kia official website it states that all Kia 'approved used' cars are in:

'Perfect Mechanical Condition.
Every Kia Approved Used car comes with a full service history, completed by qualified Kia Technicians...'
Quote from kia.co.uk.

I assume I will have paid a bit more than other dealers etc for the fact that this was a 'Kia Approved Used vehicle' (I did this for piece of mind). But actually I have absolutely no proof of this, and i'm feeling a little duped.

We are taking our Cee'd to France and were told that if any problems arise while there the warranty is valid in a Kia dealer there, although we will need to produce the service booklet in order to prove their is an outstanding Kia warranty. This of course we are unable to do.

Am not sure what to do? While I have never had a problem with the dealer (hell I bought 2 cars from them) I feel like I am at a disadvantage.

How important would a full service history be when part exchanging or selling the car in future?

Also they have yet to tell me what has happened to the original service booklet :confused:

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
You may not just need a stamped service book, invoices are normally required as well. Simple reason is you can buy stamps from many places (E-Bay is a favourite) and simply stamp the book yourself, dealers are not stupid enough to fall for that.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
It would seem legally you are contractually entitled to a full service history. It would seem that anything other than the official service record would fail to honour this contract. If the dealer wont play ball complain to Kia UK.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
KIA C'eed SW2 ecodynamic
64 Posts
It is not the dealer not playing ball most likely, it will probably be KIA themselves. I have just had a 2month battle over a replacement car under their approved program. Was in touch with David Jackson, the 2nd in charge for north Scotland, and he informed me that they have their own refurb shop that takes care of the cars for the approved program, the dealers are just supplied these cars and do not hold the registration, they do not pay KIA for the cars until they are sold. even with this admission, they tried to flub every problem off on the dealer. I finally turned the car back in and had the dealer find a better CEED SW2 from their own franchise. When I tried to contact David McClusky(the top agent for north Scotland for KIA), he flubbed me off to customer service. I have tried nicely to highlight the fact that KIA advertises the state of the car, and that they refurb it not the dealer....they have ignored me and customer service has tried to offer a free service for my problems. THis def hits the false advertisement on both these issues..mine and the member who can't get the full service history. Unless the dealer is just not contacting KIA at all. Good luck, even customer service are a rude lot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts