Kia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX+
3 Posts
Here's hoping the update is available in Canada soon!

I've called the dealership and they tell me to check back "soon".

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX+
3 Posts
It is available for Canadian vehicles, although not for free, I bought the update and my vehicle now has Android Auto and Car Play
Yeah, hoping for the freebie upgrade ;)

I kind of wish we got the myuvo stuff in Canada, some of the features sound pretty useful.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX, Optima 2016 Ex Tech
1 Posts
It is available for Canadian vehicles, although not for free, I bought the update and my vehicle now has Android Auto and Car Play
Evilsee, where / how did you get the upgrade for Canada, how much did they charge and what version of the head unit do you have

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
41 Posts
Evilsee, where / how did you get the upgrade for Canada, how much did they charge and what version of the head unit do you have
I have the SX, which has the 8" NAV unit, I believe this is the only head unit that will work for the 2016's. You can order the SD card, yes an SD card, thats how advanced they are, from MapnSoft ( just google them and select the Canadian KIA site, I can't post links yet)

I paid around $350, which isn't cheap, but what can you do.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6 6AT, Civic 2006 LX AT
541 Posts
I have the SX, which has the 8" NAV unit, I believe this is the only head unit that will work for the 2016's. You can order the SD card, yes an SD card, thats how advanced they are, from MapnSoft ( just google them and select the Canadian KIA site, I can't post links yet)

I paid around $350, which isn't cheap, but what can you do.

@evilsee - if you didnt get the upgrade yet you still can. I called Kia Canada in today and they took the last 6 digits of my VIN and indicated i would receive instructions in the mail from Kia Canada *in the next 60 days* on how to get the upgrade. i'm assuming this is the head unit software upgrade and is not for the maps or the navigation.

In a separate thread that I wasnt able to find a poster indicated s/he got an upgrade that was paid for and subsequently reimbursed by Kia Canada. I cant recall if that was for maps or for the system software. Will update when i hear from Kia Canada

·
Registered
2016 Sorento sx 2.0T
266 Posts
@evilsee - if you didnt get the upgrade yet you still can. I called Kia Canada in today and they took the last 6 digits of my VIN and indicated i would receive instructions in the mail from Kia Canada *in the next 60 days* on how to get the upgrade. i'm assuming this is the head unit software upgrade and is not for the maps or the navigation.

In a separate thread that I wasnt able to find a poster indicated s/he got an upgrade that was paid for and subsequently reimbursed by Kia Canada. I cant recall if that was for maps or for the system software. Will update when i hear from Kia Canada
Let us know,I would be curious also.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
357 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts