Kia Forum banner

Anyone used Gabriel Ultra shocks?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dubber09 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll be replacing rear shocks soon and was wondering why RA doesn't list Gabriel Ultra rear shocks for Forte but Elantra while other shocks are same part numbers for both cars - e.g. KYB.

#3 · (Edited)
Well, I ordered Gabs Ultra from Amazon, they were C$47 each while KYBs are C$94 each. RA prices are very similar but added shipping cost makes no sense to buy from RA at this time.
I did buy KYBs for daughters's Acura (btw made in USA) from RA recently and already installed them, good price offset shipping cost, no Canadian duties.

I'll get the Gabs on Monday and will attempt the install on weekend, will see if they work and post results back.
One person on BITOG posted some Gabriel shocks are made at same factory as KYBs, we'll see.

EDIT: they shipped, should be here on Sat and I'll do the install this weekend then :)

Reactions: jw.finkler
#4 ·
Well, the shocks came in on Sat, I ordered them from Canadian Amazon but they were shipped from USA. Ordered on June 29th, delivered on July 4th, total cost was C$106.24 to the door. Shocks are made in China.
The shocks fit just fine where the procedure is same as with Elantra and there are several videos on YouTube showing how to replace them. Top bolt is 17mm and bottom nut is 19mm.
Here are some pix of the original and the new shocks.

Reactions: jw.finkler
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.