Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a Niro, however we travel from the Chicago area to mid Florida every November & return every spring. Not only am I concerned if this SUV can handle a lengthy road trip, BUT how much cargo can it haul. I currently have a 2016 KIA Sorento which gets about 25 MPG heavily loaded on the trip. If its only lightly loaded (3 suit cases) on the road it gets 27 MPG. Has anyone been on a long road trip (loaded or Lightly loaded) with their Niro?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We took my Niro from Michigan to Costal NC and it was excellent. We weren't towing anything, but had 3 adult passengers and one child and a trunk full. Through the mountains we were still getting over 50mpg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your info. Sounds somewhat like like my just a little less then my load. I was surprised to see that the rated load capacity on the door frame label was only about 120 lbs less then on mu Sorento.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We regulary take trips like that with 2 adults + 2 kids and the back is crammed full of stuff. I've never seen less than 50mpg on any of the trips

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.

I made a long trip this summer, 750M with full trunk, 3 passengers, A/C, and two bikes on the roof, in Spain.

5.8l/100km perhaps 40MPG maybe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
43mpg from San Diego to Phoenix and back (600 miles) with three adults, three suitcases and a cooler. That drive included a climb over a 5000ft mountain range, mostly flat freeway at 75mph and the a/c running nice and cold. The only performance issue was westbound on I-8 climbing back up the mountain range on the steep side. The battery depleted and the gas engine cold only hold us at about 50mph up a looooong steep grade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts