Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX & sunroof
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the head unit in a 2014 Sorento (Non NAV) with a Carplay/Android auto one?

Was it worth the hassle? any problems connecting the ear cam to the new unit? What unit did you get? Professionally installed?

thanks

·
Registered
Titanium Silver '15 Sorento SXL
56 Posts
I know there are some previous discussions about this topic (adding a carplay head unit), so search the forum. I'm pretty sure there's been an issue reported with getting the backup camera to work right, but I may be wrong. It's been a long time since I read the discussions about this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know there are some previous discussions about this topic (adding a carplay head unit), so search the forum. I'm pretty sure there's been an issue reported with getting the backup camera to work right, but I may be wrong. It's been a long time since I read the discussions about this.

Thanks! Sorry, I forgot I posted this.. and back at looking at doing this.

I'll try searching again..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update to this, I have nearly completed an install of a Kenwood receiver into a 2014 Sorento. Reasonably straight forward with the iDatalink Maestro harness and Kia/Hyundai second harness. It give access to the factory camera too. I decided to modify the harness to use the car's inbuild mic rather than run an external one. Will upload a photos and information in a new thread later for information sake and incase anyone one ever needs this information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts