Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the parts coming in mail, the long one is the one that went, I can't figure how it comes out, I got all the hold down clips off the tubing, it sides around. But with all the bends it has is another thing. Step by step would be helpful.
John

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It's going to be difficult threading a new complete factory line in, w/ the motor in the engine compartment. Don't have a "step-by-step" - I replaced w/ (flexible NiCopp) Cupro Nickel brake line, and hand bent as I went along. Didn't care about the 'tight' bends of the factory line - just radius bent, so they would be close / fit where needed here. ... Flared some new ends on, hooked them up & called it a day... when I did the front lines on the former '00 Sporty here. IIRC removing the plastic inner fender skirt(s) for easier access was needed: that may help. .. Good luck w/ the repair.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
I agree with GottaCruise... The original (OEM) lines were probably installed before the engine and other large items were installed and putting the OEM lines back in may prove to be quite a chore...

CU/AL tubing is great as it bends fairly easy but be careful not to make too sharp a bend as it will kink... The flair tool is available at Harbor Freight for under $10.00... Watch a few YouTube videos on flaring the brake line ends... There are different types of flairs also so check the ends on the old lines and make the same type...
I ran new lines on my daughter's 2006 Hyundai Sonata (front to back) and it wasn't to bad of a job...
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts