Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old one is up for sale, and if somebody is looking for a decent-but-not-perfect Sportage, this would be great.

LOCATED IN THE NASHVILLE, TN AREA

$2500

2002 Maroon 4dr w/no roof rack
4x4
5-speed manual
128k miles
Power windows and locks, tilt but no cruise.

The Good

Good tires all around. Matching, and they have about 20k miles on them, I'd say they have another 40k left in them.

Interior is pretty decent. A couple of stains but no rips, tears or cracks. All of the electrics work - power windows, locks, etc

SOLID runner. I loved driving this thing. I owned it since 2005/64k miles and aside from the timing belt breaking (my fault for not changing it at the interval) it has never let me down.

No dents or paint peeling, there is one rust spot on the top of the left-rear fender about 4"x2", but its right on the lip of the fender and is an easy fix

The Bad

It is at my parents house right now, and Dad says the last time he drove it the AC wasn't working very well. I did have to add freon back in 2008, so in theory this is what's wrong, but I can't confirm that yet.

Rear wiper doesn't work (gears are stripped out - you can hear the motor running but the wiper doesn't move)

Rear gate cable is broken. You can open the rear gate with a screwdriver so that's easily fixed at a junkyard.

Fan belt is a bit 'chirpy' when it's humid/raining outside, so I'd say it is due for replacement soon.

Has one leaky rear wheel cylinder ($20 fix). I was adding about a tablespoon of brake fluid every couple of weeks when I was daily driving it (in very stop-and-go traffic)

4x4 is not working due to cracked vacuum lines - I've had to fix these before, this is either a $5 fix, or an opportunity to put locking hubs on it. I know for a fact that all of the internals of the transfer case are good, it's just the stupid vacuum lines.

This is really about it. Like I said, it is far from perfect but it truly is a good little vehicle. I would still have it, but I just have no real use for it anymore.
I'm going to try to get some pictures up in the next couple of weeks, I just wanted to put out a feeler to see if anyone is interested.

If you are interested please email me at [email protected] as I don't login to this forum very often. I will be at my parents house next weekend so I can get pics to any serious parties.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe Interested

If you can't sell your KIA send me an E-Mail. I may offer $800. I have a 2000 4x4 Kia Automatic that is getting ruff. I need to check if the two vehicles are interchangeable.
Dennis,,,,Terre Haute,Indiana

1 - 2 of 2 Posts