Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing the $190 kfx rear sway bar for my 2005 Spectra EX. I hate how it handles in corners and fast switch-backs! I think I need to put a little wider tires on as well as lower it an inch, but that will be for later.

The kfxperformance website product description says it's the single best thing you can add to your new Kia...but (of course) does not qualify that statement. (Typical of ALL advertising IMHO.)

My question: has anyone installed this unit? If so, was it difficult to install? Did you immediately feel a difference in the handling? If so, WHAT did you feel different?? Would you recommend this for anyone?

Thanks for your comments!

P.S. I was slightly put off by the lack of documentation from kfx when I purchased my CAI Unit. There wasn't even a photocopied instruction sheet! I would have liked a photograph as well. The 2005 Spectra must have a SLIGHTLY different engine compartment style because installation of the CAI required using a pair of tin shears and cutting away some of the sheet metal under the battery tray. This was not communicated to me, and I bet kfx didn't know that this was required. Does the sway bar replacement come with an instruction sheet at least?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't that a bit like asking the wolf to watch over your sheep?

The reason I asked here and not there is that I wanted an honest unbiased opinion -- if such a thing exists -- otherwise I would have simply read the advertising and been done with it. I am trying to get some real people's thoughts and comments on this equipment, people who ordered and installed it, and who would offer candid responses...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have driven a couple of the new cars with the sway bar installed, they are actually very good. Body roll is decrease as well as understear, I do have detailed install instructions.

Bill

·
Registered
282 Posts
Kind of an old thread, but I have a Hyundai Elantra and the bar we Elantra owners like to use is the 19 mm rear sway bar from the 03 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Assuming the rear suspension of the Spec5 and the Elantra are similar, the GT sway bar is a great option you can do for about $150. I paid $111 for the bar and new bushings at a Hyundai dealer, and $25 for the new end links at an auto parts store, for a total of about $135.

If there is a Spec5 owner in the Fort Worth area that would like to compare their sway bar to my Elantra sway bar for fit, PM me. this could open up some interesting possibilities for Spec5 owners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts