Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new '04 Sorento Ex which I love (looks, drivability, features, etc.) However, there seems to be a rattle over the passenger backseat. The dealerships all say it's the seatbelt assembly. why would Kia make a rattling seatbelt assembly? Afterall, seatbelts have now been in cars for decades? Any ideas?

Also had to replace compass assembly with compass, alt and bar. due to rattle...but that is now fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2005 Sorento which I purchased a couple of months ago has developed a headliner crackling noise above the back seat on the passenger side? I will be taking it to the dealer to check out tomorrow? Has anyone with the problem discovered what is causing it?

·
Registered
Sorento XS
24 Posts
Originally posted by SLB1@Oct 8 2004, 07:41 PM
I have a new '04 Sorento Ex which I love (looks, drivability, features, etc.) However, there seems to be a rattle over the passenger backseat. The dealerships all say it's the seatbelt assembly. why would Kia make a rattling seatbelt assembly? Afterall, seatbelts have now been in cars for decades? Any ideas?

Also had to replace compass assembly with compass, alt and bar. due to rattle...but that is now fixed.
I have an 04 XS with rattles from the seat belt adjusters on the side pillars, especially the drivers which drives me nuts sometimes. Not sure how this can be rectified as it appears to me to be sloppy tolerances in the seat belt assembly build.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my 05 Sorento for 2 weeks. 400 miles on the clock. I too have the annoying rattle from the seat belt slide adjusters. Did you get yours sorted? If so how, and was it a problem?

Not mentioned it to dealer yet, but its going for a 1000 mile check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had same problem. Dealer is replacing front drivers side seat belt adjuster. The thing is the Sorento is so quiet inside you tend to hear these little rattles!! In my old Discovery everything rattled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts