Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 KIA Sorento SX. I have had problem after problem with my head unit. First the Navigation went on it, then the rear camera went, then the radio would power off & on by itself, then the i-pod contection broke and now it is powering on & off by itself again. KIA has replaced the head unit in my car 5 times now. Has anyone had problems like this??

I'm going for the Lemon Law on this car as KIA can't seem to fix it and anymore info. I have would make my case better.

KIA has really let me down and all I want is out of this car!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Can you possibly record what the headunit is doing? This can help us get a better understanding on what exactly is going on here. It's a shame you're giving up on the Kia brand all together over a headunit malfunction.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
There have been other posts on multiple attaempts to fix audio on new KIAs. I forget what the solution was, but a bad power supply would be top of the list.

Seems a bit over the top to invoke the Lemon Law over what is basically a bad radio.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Seems a bit over the top to invoke the Lemon Law over what is basically a bad radio.
Agreed. That said, while I really like my Sorento otherwise, the shoddy quality of the head unit has been a constant source of displeasure for me. The UVO interface is just plain clunky and the quality of the hardware seems dodgy. It doesn't make me want to throw the car away, but it will definitely give me pause when I buy my next vehicle...to the point that the Kia dealer will likely not be first on my list of places to visit. Probably not what Kia envisioned when they threw lots of incentives at me to get me out of my Audi a year ago.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
814 Posts
Nope. No problem. Please update your profile to have your location and model...

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
I have had my antenna replaced to fix the sat radio losing it's connection and it was fine after that, although, the Nav unit deleted all my stored locations one time. I am keeping an eye on it and I believe that the simple inability to get a Head unit to function is reason to invoke the Lemon law. Five times seems like a lot to me for something so simple....

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KIA has replaced the head unit 5 times. They also had an engineer work on the car for two days. Obviously it's not a head unit problem, it's something with the car. This is why I want the Lemon Law to help me. I paid good money for this car and paid extra for those options and I expect them to work properly. When you give a car company the benefit of the doubt to fix a problem and they can't do it, then I want them to either replace my car or give me my money back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts