Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2010 KIA Sedona Base/Short
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about to put the finishing touches on a complete Viper system, including a shock sensor and possibly a glass-break sensor as well. I was told by the installer that the keyless entry install would only unlock the driver’s door, and he was forced to wire the alarm to the dome light. Remote start works great. Somehow the installer missed the fact that my base model short 2010 Sedona had a built-in factory keyless entry/alarm module. So that was fun listening to the Viper alarm and the OEM alarm fight it out in the most public and embarrassing way, until we realized what was happening and had the installer correct the mistake. So needless to say I don’t have a lot of confidence with this installer working on the Kia. Anyone have any experiences with Viper systems and proper installation? Maybe some things the installer could’ve done better, like getting all doors and liftgate to unlock simultaneously? also has anyone heard of 2010 models being targeted by the TikTok idiots?

· Registered
2010 KIA Sedona Base/Short
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I sure wouldn’t but apparently these kids or whatever are breaking into any kind of KIA just to see if they can get it started with a USB plug and take it for a joyride, typically ending in a crashed up abandoned vehicle. dont have to make it easy for them, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts