Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX [white w/gray leather]
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I got a 2020 SX Turbo back in late December. Love the car. After having it awhile, I noticed that beneath the front bumper, the faux silver-colored trim is wavy, and my guess is that it should NOT be... anyone else experience this? Doing a lot less driving with COVID19, so it hasn't gone in for its first oil change yet, however I will definitely mention it at the dealership.

Thoughts/comments welcome!
IMG_6189.jpeg
IMG_6190.jpeg
IMG_6191.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Sportage SX Turbo | 2012 Sportage LX
105 Posts
It seems that’s how they are from factory. I received mine in Feb and it was the first thing I noticed.

·
Registered
2020 kia sportage lx awd
42 Posts
From the pic the 'wave' looks uniform. Prob the way its designed. I'm sure theres some aftermarket options if u want to change that.

·
Registered
Sportage SX 2017 / Pacific Blue & Canyon Beige Interior
23 Posts
It could be that way to decrease air resistance under the car.?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
851 Posts
Bring the issue up with the body shop manager. See if they can resolve the issue. It doesn't look attached correctly.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage EX Hyper red
3 Posts
Hi all - I got a 2020 SX Turbo back in late December. Love the car. After having it awhile, I noticed that beneath the front bumper, the faux silver-colored trim is wavy, and my guess is that it should NOT be... anyone else experience this? Doing a lot less driving with COVID19, so it hasn't gone in for its first oil change yet, however I will definitely mention it at the dealership.

Thoughts/comments welcome!
View attachment 114857 View attachment 114858 View attachment 114859
I have a 2020 EX and my faux skid plate looks the same as yours. It’s fairly thin plastic and not really secured at the back.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage SX Turbo | 2012 Sportage LX
105 Posts
Bring the issue up with the body shop manager. See if they can resolve the issue. It doesn't look attached correctly.
It isn't an issue. It's the design of the skid panel unfortunately. If you look at all of the models you can see they are the same way... my guess it has to do with what @_mulder said ... It could be that way to decrease air resistance under the car...."

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX [white w/gray leather]
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the pic the 'wave' looks uniform. Prob the way its designed. I'm sure theres some aftermarket options if u want to change that.
Unfortunately it's not uniform. I thought the same thing at first... it looks like it's been left in the sun, not very attractive!

·
Registered
2020 Sportage SX Turbo
1 Posts
The front bumper of North America SX /AWD models is like that....I believe no aftermarket skid plates are being made for that kinda front bumper at the moment.......

If u can find a GT line front bumper from a Korea / Euro / Australia / NZ / Hong Kong Sportage....It should fit...But cost wise it is a joke.

I would rather look into custom made skid plate at local body shop....

If anyone has a fix, pls kindly share~~

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts