Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio SX Hatchback 6 speed Manual
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any updates on aftermarket parts etc for the new rio doesnt seem like this car will get much love

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5 door hatchback
40 Posts
Check the forum there are couple of threads with links to sites that offer parts for the new Rio...search.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots??? ive read a bunch of threads didnt seem like much im not expecting a honda type aftermarket but my tiburon had a pretty large selection right after it came out. ill keep looking

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Expectations a bit high??

Kia have just released the K3 in the home market and its soon to be released worldwide within months. Its Kia's most successful car and majority of the aftermarket support is putting the investment into the K3. Most tuners/fabricators are trying to get the one up on each other as the K3 market is huge. The market for the Rio is not that big compared to it plus this is the first Rio that tuners are taking notice of.

The Tiburon had large support as it was in a more favorable packaging; sporty 2door coupe. As for Honda reference; you seriously brought the wrong car. The aftermarket scene for Honda has had decades of exposure; for Kia its still relatively new.

The Rio is still very new and if you do look there are quite a few options already for Rio owners. Helps if you know Korean too as it makes things easier to find.

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
Expectations a bit high??
I can see why though, the Veloster was released and there's already thousands of things out there for it yet the Rio doesn't, well, styling wise anyway. We can always grab Veloster bits for the motor :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I owned honda,scion,hyundai i dont expect that big of a after market but considering the rio shares parts from other cars id figure it would be bigger plus the new rio looks a lot better than past rios im always getting asked if its a gti lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
You would be surprised about how many tuners know about parts compatiability with the Veloster. Most still dont realize its the same engine. Suspension components are similar as the Veloster chassis is only around 85mm longer than the Rio but all the main mount zones are still in the same place.

The market for the Rio will benefit mostly from parts compatibility. Veloster is our closest match but we can also take parts from the Optima too. Many parts are interchangeable across each model so if you cant find what you want in one car you will be able to find it in another with little to no further work to get it to fit

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
As this is also known as the "pride" in other markets, you should search that, too. There are body kits in Korea, NEFD design. there are lowering spring available. There are exhaust systems that bring the tail pip to the center, like the veloster... Man it's great knowing how to read a bit of Korean :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking for a short shifter,header.catback light weight pulleys etc

·
Registered
463 Posts
Headers you can get the set for the Accent. Accent has both 4-1 and 4-2-1 set ups. Not sure about using Veloster/i30 headers and being direct plug and play as the engine has a bit more room in the Veloster/i30 compared to the Kia. Any exhaust shop can alter it to fit.

Short shifter, wait a bit longer.

Pulleys. If there are some for the Optima it should be straight forward. If not you could try Mitsubishi Lancer crank pulley on it. Hyundai made the bottom end of the Lancer engine and most of the casting is universal across all the global engines.

For engine stuff, wait until the Veloster versions come out. With the Pro-Ceed GT coming out soon in Europe we will have more options too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't see any header for the new accent yet. I hope the aftermarket grows I'm getting board without modding lol.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Look again. The Accent has the headers, the Rio has the exhaust. The 4-2-1 headers are harder to get hold of but the 4-1 headers are easy to locate. Accent and the Rio are the exact same car just different packaging.

There is an exhaust just for the sedan too, MaxTuning in Korea have it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Maintec make a set for the 1.6 Accent:

detail KSPEC KDM Performance Center

You can get hold of them through KSpec normal site or through their ebay site. Its the 4-2-1 set. The 4-1 set was withdrawn from market as demand for the 4-2-1 set up was greater.

Seeing as Maintec's is a two piece design you could have it altered to a 4-1 set up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello xtra40 - congrats on your nice job, as i see you have made a massive work with your rio.

Can you suggest a way to make the side mirrors folding ?

My Rio is model 2013 LX 1.4 manual for EU - i have power windows and power mirrrors(but only for mirror movement) - i want to make them folding. There are some power modules on ebay, but the problem is that i do not have motor in my mirrors. Is there a way to put one (do you know if they are compatible with other model/cars).?
This is the only option that i'm really missing, cuz leather,sunroof and heating wheel is not for me.
Car has LED DRLs, automatic lights in turn, automatic wipers, supervision but folding mirrors will be a superb addon.

Have you tested your 3G on the 7'' DVD yet? cuz i really want to buy one later

1 - 18 of 18 Posts