Kia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
bathala

re: your almost fatal accident, it was not an honest thing, the STUPID EXPIDITION was plain ***** stupid. ang laki laki ng side mirror nya hindi marunong gumamit well at least mabilis pa mga reflexes mo. so next time watch out for that everyday stupid drivers roaming the road. keep your cool arrive alive and have a safe driving.

ps

i'm working here at Senate, GSIS Bldg, Pasay City, if you happen to be around do txt me and lets meet. 0917-4007719

rocky

· Registered
16 Posts
anybody from cebu hereeeeeeeeeeee? am so mad, scared, depressed etc etc..... i'l be getting my unit next week after paying a reservation of 25T and a 2 month wait. now i've read some threads stating base price of a manual/T is 325,000.

tho bumpers would be color-keyed it same features as d rest of urs. then i have to pay more for insurance 10T, chattel 7,806. no tint and no mats and all the rest that u guys got. grrrrrrrrrr

& this my first buy!!! please guys some helpful tips, what should i do? cancel? u think i can get the reservation back in full? i dont really know how these things go.

and if there are cebuano's in this forum pls. tell me ur prices. i feel so dumb and depressed.

· Registered
115 Posts
@ tuesday:

My dealership sells the M/T model for 325,000 but if you want to have it color-keyed, you have to add 9,000 more. Of course, that price is only for the car. It still does not include the other stuff like chattel mortgage, insurance premium, etc.

@ marcelyu:

I'll have my car's tyres and mags replaced tommorow. I'll know what fits but I'm not going for more than 14" for sure. Probably the maximum would be 195 and that's pushing it (considering the state of our roads here).

· Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Nov 25 2004, 09:01 PM
@ tuesday:

My dealership sells the M/T model for 325,000 but if you want to have it color-keyed, you have to add 9,000 more. Of course, that price is only for the car. It still does not include the other stuff like chattel mortgage, insurance premium, etc.

@ marcelyu:

I'll have my car's tyres and mags replaced tommorow. I'll know what fits but I'm not going for more than 14" for sure. Probably the maximum would be 195 and that's pushing it (considering the state of our roads here).
jgotangco:

please do update me on what will actually fit and what kind of hole is suitable for our mags, is it P-100 or P-114? I think the Honda city, vios have the more ordinary P-100 holes, not sure with the picantos, I am definitely going the 14" mags route, only concern is if a 14"/65/175 tire will fit and if there is any available, 14" tires usually has the 14"/65/185 spec. Are you also thinking about installing a central locking system? power windows? Its hard to not have this important features and I hope the dealer can offer an option to upgrade the sidings to fit power windows and locks, :)

BTW, Which dealership did you purchase your picantos if I may ask, thanks!! read that you have two of them? :)

· Registered
115 Posts
I had central locks and alarm system installed, as well as the fog lamps for the red picanto A/T (for my in-law but I use it at the moment). Still in stock 13" at the moment, but I will just imitate what is in the other unit. P-100 would probably be the best fit, but I have yet to check.

We also have a 1st gen silver Picanto M/T stock unit, but I plan to have side skirts and spoiler installed soon when I save enough.

Having a new car is actually more expensive than what most people think. Dealership is at KIA Batangas

· Registered
6 Posts
hi... i don't have a kia picanto yet, but i am very much interested in owning one...

i hope most of you could help me with this, but i've heard from many that the picanto is a very fuel efficient car, and very "economical" in terms of the price vs. the overall car itself...

i would like to know, what basically are the "common" modes of payment that most of you have done for acquiring the picanto??? and, what dealers may you recommend that basically offers the best "discounts" or deals"...

...i am in the middle of deciding to sell my old car to get the picanto... your feedback people are very much appreciated... thank you very much... :)

· Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Nov 27 2004, 11:47 PM
I had central locks and alarm system installed, as well as the fog lamps for the red picanto A/T (for my in-law but I use it at the moment). Still in stock 13" at the moment, but I will just imitate what is in the other unit. P-100 would probably be the best fit, but I have yet to check.
@jgotangco,

Hi. I just got my orange Picanto M/T (2nd batch) last week, and keyless entry/alarm system was installed. However, the dealer informs me that they do not know of an actuator for the power locks that will work with the rear hatch as well (no room for it, I think). Is your rear hatch wired into the central locking system? One of the few annoying things about the Picanto is that there is no remote trunk release; you have to get out of the car and unlock the rear hatch with your key.

· Registered
115 Posts
There is an actuator available, but I didn't opt to have it installed because it is going to have an entirely different wiring scheme separate from the existing central lock, as well as a switch that needs to be drilled somewhere under the dash. Also, I'm not sure where the actuator would actually be installed or if ever there is a provision for one at the hatch.

· Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking that there might be a wiring provision in the Picanto for the hatch to open when the door locks are opened. The owner's manual specifically states that for Picantos with central locking, the rear hatch will unlock when the door locks are opened as well.

· Registered
1 Posts
i've seen the features of picanto over the net (kia.com.h) pero pagdating sa dealer puros kasinungalingan. for the price of 325,000 hindi ito sulit. kung ang mga tao pinuputakti ang picanto maraming naloloko. bakit hindi ioffer ng kia philippines ang pinakikita nila sa website. besides, bibilin naman ng tao ang mga features na inoofer nila if the price is right... (anybody agree!) bakit sa pinas parang latak ang binibigay satin. diba mas mahalaga ang safety bakit hindi prioritze ng kia philippines ang safety messures ng picanto(air bugs ang other staffs). power window? wala uso pa ba ang manual!!! unlike other courtries like europe and States puros star box ang offer. gusto niyo ba mga buyer na maloko sa mga ito. mas maganda pa na hintayin niyo na lang ang mga smagel sa subic. baka maka chempo pa kayo ng picanto na pinagsawaan sa europe at korean. pagisipan niyo!!! walang choice tayong mga bumibili. kung sa isda, ubusan !!! baka may mamakyaw pa!!!

· Registered
115 Posts
you're right on some points but the government does not have any safety requirements aside from the seat belts so most car manufacturers here put a premium on the safety features. If the government makes them mandatory, all cars would have it at the same price and not as premium features.

sorry but I still find the price cheap for a brand new car. not some smuggled/converted item from subic.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys....I'm quite geared up to buy a new unit...plannin to sell out my civic95 lx model to finance a new picanto.....I'm thinking between the yellow, orange and cobalt blue colors....

plannin to get the A/T model as well....

problem as raised in the thread earlier, test drive units are not available among the dealers....

Can I ask your guys help....maybe I can meet up with one of you guys to test drive one......

jgotangco--maybe you can help me out with your unit...i can drive and meet you somewhere.....just to test drive one...

does anyone have a yellow, orange and cobalt blue colors as well...i'm really ravin for a yellow but i saw a pic at a european site...it looks pale....so second choice goes to orange and cobalt blue...i hope you can post pics here....with the car under a direct sunlight...so i can judge which one to get.....

jotangco....--> wala talagang temp gauge ang picanto no....isn't it hard without that?...I saw a diamond blue model in the las pinas dealer....hindi niya maexplain kung bat wala....

hope to get immediate responses...thanks guys

· Registered
115 Posts
Hi Guys....I'm quite geared up to buy a new unit...plannin to sell out my civic95 lx model to finance a new picanto.....I'm thinking between the yellow, orange and cobalt blue colors....
Yellow isn't available at the moment.

jgotangco--maybe you can help me out with your unit...i can drive and meet you somewhere.....just to test drive one...
Mabye sometime when the owners agree to a meetup or an eco drive.

jotangco....--> wala talagang temp gauge ang picanto no....isn't it hard without that?...I saw a diamond blue model in the las pinas dealer....hindi niya maexplain kung bat wala....
There's a temp indicator only for the coolant and the temp. I don't remember the level where it actually goes red. At the moment, I haven't encountered problems with regards to potential overheating even in bad EDSA/Makati traffic. Coolant, medyo matakaw siya, but its tolerable.

· Registered
47 Posts
jappy,

just like what jgotangco said, there are no strict government rules regarding the safety features of vehicles. seat belt lang ata ang required eh. (no air bugs and other staffs. :D)

and also, it is normal for a car manufacturer to change their specs from one country to another. i think if we have the same specs as what the website said, price per unit will definitely be higher than present.

dude mejo nakaka insulto post mo, so ibig mo ba sabihin na madali kaming lokohin? alam namin ang binili namin, and para samin worth it yun. sinabi ko na rin sayo yung dahilan kung bakit iba sa site yung nakukuha natin dito sa pinas.

jgotangco,
im having a hard time signing in to your mailing list. kahit tama yung character na nilalagay ko, mali pa rin daw. you mind using yahoogroups instead?

· Registered
115 Posts
I'll just make a yahoo group instead :D

Also regarding jappy's post, hindi lang pilipinas ang basic features. Even Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam have the same configuration as that of the Philippines (no ABS, Airbags, casette, etc...). We're more luckier than our Malaysian counterparts because their government raised import duties on foreign cars (to protect their own car industry) and the waiting time is much more compared here!

Even sa Denmark, as seen on the general Picanto forum, 8 months ang waiting period! We can really say that the Picanto is a huge success for Kia, but it is having problems in coping up with global demand. You can say we're very very lucky to have a nice car with a cheap package.

· Registered
2 Posts
i just made a reservation for an A/ T picanto, they might be able to give me a unit by january although i dont want to keep my hopes up. anyway, i wanted to ask the picanto owners here some questions abt their units since unfortunately, there are no model units for test drive.

how's the ride and its power? with regards to suspension and when driving in the steep roads.

what is your ave gas consumption? city drving? is it true that it could reach more than 20k/ liter?

any idea how much are accessories like spoilers, skirts, hub caps, fog lamps and to have it central locked with alarm?

thanks in advance guys. i really like to own this car but some of my friends and family members are discouraging me to get one coz of the kia reputation and its resale value. im 80% sure of getting one unless i see a good deal for a 2nd hand corolla/ civic A/ T (maybe yr 2000-2001) that is almost the same price as the kia A/ T. convince me more guys!

· Registered
16 Posts
i don't know anything bout engines but when am not using aircon, the radiator fan (i hope that's whats it called.) doesn't turn. is that d norm for this kind of engine?
and d stereo front panel is hot when n use.
answers wud be vry appreciated!!! tnx

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.