Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ei! i just want to know if there are some Picanto owners out there from the Philippines...

hopin to hear from you!

thanks,
trance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by trance@Sep 25 2004, 01:26 AM
ei! i just want to know if there are some Picanto owners out there from the Philippines...

hopin to hear from you!

thanks,
trance
:D hi i just paid d reservation 2day. learned no abs as standard, lousy cassette and 1 power feature all d rest pawis. any problems u encountered?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by tuesday@Oct 2 2004, 12:48 AM
:D hi i just paid d reservation 2day. learned no abs as standard, lousy cassette and 1 power feature all d rest pawis. any problems u encountered?
ei tuesday!
congrats!!! as for me, i still need to wait until december, i'm currently out of the country for some work assignment.
keep me posted when you break in your new baby :D..
did i hear it right? only with a cassette?

·
Registered
2 Posts
any idea when the picanto be sold in the philippines?
i saw the picture on the website, it seems that the picanto is all power
can somebody confirm? ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah Trance a cassette! can u imagine! but am hoping cd wud b d freebie. well Marlo as the sales pitch went, after the reservation is paid u'd hav a month + to wait for it or if w/n d weekly delivery ur choice of color is available then u get it presto. They say am #23 in the waiting list, and that i'd get it early november but who can tell with these salesmen!!! only the lx model is being sold, manual, no airbags, 13" steel wheels BUT still a nice-looking affordable car. go buy now!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Marlo,

I am not from Kia, but I own an LX model (It may not be all power except the steering, but a damn nice car for the price) From my dealer, you can reserve a Picanto MT for P10,000 but you can be on the priority list if you make a 30% down. I was told that the next batch is coming this month. You can have the car financed in 12/24/36/48 schemes.

Originally posted by marlo@Oct 4 2004, 12:48 AM
Hi

can i ask how much is the reservation fee?
any chance of having it on car financing?

thanks
marlo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by jgotangco@Oct 4 2004, 04:26 PM
Hi Marlo,

I am not from Kia, but I own an LX model (It may not be all power except the steering, but a damn nice car for the price) From my dealer, you can reserve a Picanto MT for P10,000 but you can be on the priority list if you make a 30% down. I was told that the next batch is coming this month. You can have the car financed in 12/24/36/48 schemes.
cheers to you! jgotangco! :D .. congratulations!
may i ask who is your dealer, if u don't mind?
i may ask my brother to contact him. i already referred to him signet mandaluyong. it's hard to be not in the phils on a situation like this.
i heard, the reservation is P5,000 on other dealers but i'm not sure.
i got more excited after hearing that with 30% downpayment, i can be on the priority list.

ei! could you share your pictures for us who are envious on your new car. what's the color?

thanks in advance,
trance

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm surprised na may reservation fee. I went to the KIA-Makati (Pason Tamo Extension) dealership at yung ahente never mentioned na may reservation fee. I was informed though na last week of Oct (2004) ang next delivery which means mga around November pa ma-deliver. I actually filed na my car loan with them last week and got calls already from 2 banks.

I actually saw an orange (color keyed) Picanto duon sa dealership and I was able to scrutinize it. Unfortunately, I drive a custom made owner-Jeep all my life so I actually don't know what to look for in a car and the reason I'm buying this is because my wife wants one. :)

Some first hand comments though. Consider muna na I'm 5'8" heavy built person (200lbs) and my wife is a 5'6" slim person so Picanto really looks nice for her while it looks too small for me. :p Well, I got into the drivers seat and adjusted everything to my (uhum) size. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my wifes knees still don't hit the backseat of the drivers seat. The car is very comfy and the thing that really made an impression on me is that the car is so well designed that I can "feel" where the edges of the car is located, particularly where the front and rear edges are.

Of couse, my jeep's sound system is better and the accessories are pretty basic (only power steering is the only powered feature). Still, comparing it to my owner-jeep, its an upgrade particularly in style (my wife is a Project Manager and she's embarassed to be seen driving my Jeep. Hehehehehehe). :lol:

r/Alex

·
Registered
47 Posts
we own a red kia picanto from kia signet las pinas. pretty nice car. cool handling. yung nga lang manual windows, doors, sidemirrors, cassete player. any one who knows where i can buy accessories. i heard we can change the mags to 15 inches.

·
Registered
47 Posts
by the way, we've already tested it a couple of times. laguna to bicol then back to laguna NON STOP. very reliable. up to 100kph on third gear and 130 on 4th gear at 4000 rpm. the red line is at 5000. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
ei !!!! nice comments for the picanto.. i think i'm enticed to purchase one, magkano ba ang cash price nya dito sa Pinas? pareho kaya ng performance yan at ang kia pride? magkano kaya aabutin ng down payment pati kung ano2 pang fees kung sa financing 30% cash out? sana mas durable at relieble ang picanto sa pride noh??? by the way may starex ako, i'm convinced that when it comes to durability of the parts mahina itong mga Korean cars, two weeks na ang starex ko sa casa at ang laki ng gagastusin dahil may nabali sa camshaft habang tumatakbo at kusa na syang tumirik!!!! :angry: sabi ng chief mechanic sa casa talaga raw ganyan ang mga Korean cars, malalambot ang piyesa... ganyan din kaya talaga ang kia? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just reserved a picanto yesterday and am eagerly awaiting for it, I actually reserved a automatic version of the car, any comments on this decision? Do anyone from the philippines already got their picanto? hows the ride quality? how about engine power? is it acceptable?

does anyone know about the waiting period for these? :mellow:

·
Registered
112 Posts
We got our 2nd Picanto unit today, the LX A/T model in Scarlet Red. The A/T models came as a surprise to the dealerships because everyone expected (and reserved) and M/T models, so there was a last-minute mad scrambe from the salespeople to inform the waiting list on what will arrive. This time, the bumpers, side mirrors and door handles are not key-colored and has 13" tyres. Of course, for the P375,000 price, there's no ABS or airbags here. Just power steering.

I haven't tested the A/T yet because we just got it today, but I will post this weekend on how the car performs in city driving. But based on our first unit, the LX M/T, the Picanto is good enough for normal driving conditions in the city and nearby provinces. Don't expect it to last all the way to Baguio though, but who knows, this car sports a 12 valve engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes! I'm getting my Picanto by 4pm this aftenoon. As in 30 minutes.

As jgotangco said, I reserved a manual transmision but I got an A/T model. Good thing kasi wife ko naman palagi ang gagamit. Bale ung unit namin is a Blue Diamond na hindi color keyed. I'll be color keying it next year pag-sanay nang mag-drive si misis. I expect kasi na siguradong magagasgas nya ung bumper. ;)

May wierd thing pala. Here are the list of things na hindi kasama sa unit namin pero kasama duon sa first batch (ung showroom model na tiningnan ko 2 monts ago):
1. Trunk cover
2. Hub caps

And I also had to pay 1,500 for the Tinting and Floor mats.

I'll be driving this baby home tonight.

r/Alex

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by bathala@Nov 18 2004, 03:50 PM

May wierd thing pala. Here are the list of things na hindi kasama sa unit namin pero kasama duon sa first batch (ung showroom model na tiningnan ko 2 monts ago):
1. Trunk cover
2. Hub caps

And I also had to pay 1,500 for the Tinting and Floor mats.
Yes, I was looking for the trunk cover as well and the dealership can't say anything about it because they don't have it at all. As for the hubcaps, the first batch had black rims 14" tyres with the cover plate. I would like something like that as well in the future to dress up the car.

The floor mats was free from my dealership but had to tint it for 2,000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi to everyone,

i just got my picanto yesterday. now i know how it felt to own a very rare wheels (up to this date) traversing the monstrous metromanila traffic and the other drivers gawking at you with envy as if you're driving a million peso car.

the picanto is great but to tell you the distributor and the dealer sucks. they struck a golden duck with this model. they give you one hell of a ride with their dealing with their clients. The SRP is P325,000.00 but you have to cough up P355.000.00 with all the options blah blah even if you pay it cash for the P325k. you have take line and sinker the the OPTIONS (insurance, bumper body color, tint, matting, seat cover that adds up to P355K), the last alibi they told me is they need too feed the planta a P10.000.00 to release the unit, TAKE OR LEAVE IT WE HAVE 100 PEOPLE WAITING ON THE LIST TO GRAB IT. talk about success in selling a hot car. kaya nga may karma.

well i have to let go of it (not the picanto but the damn experience with the middlemen) well i guess life is colourfull with picanto.

happy and safe driving

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok. Been driving our Picanto named RUFUS (by my wife after Kim Possible's Naked Mole Rat) for 5 days now and it has been a very satisfying ride. Its really more value for our money.

I only have the following complaints though. Since I have NEVER driven an Automatic before ... I'm having some trouble driving the car:
1. I have to sit on my right hand, otherwise it would drift toward the gear stick and try to shift. ;)
2. Its a bit disconcerting to overtake another vehicle when your running around 40Kph. To illustrate, consider the following scenario. So kakabayad mo pa lang nang toll gate sa Coastal Road. So you step on the accelerator and getting up to 40Kph. Unfortunately, may slow na truck in-front of you. So you step on the breaks and try to coast to the left lane to accelerate. Then you step on the accelerator and then ... NOTHING happens. As in uugong muna yung makina mo for a few precious seconds bago ma-realize nang transmission na you want it to shift to a lower gear para maka-overtake ka. After that oks na sya. Unfortunately, delikado ito particularly if your trying to overtake in a two lane bidirectional road (like Mc Arthur Highway or Aguinaldo Highway). :( So medyo ingat-ingat.

As I've said, we really like the car. Oks pa sya kasi I bought a new computer table and I was able to put it inside the car by transforming the whole back seat as the trunk. :)

r/Alex

P.S.
Isa pa pala, I almost got into an accident last night. I was driving along the new Macapagal highway to Coastal Road around 3am. So I was coming up into the right lane of a Ford Expedition then it suddenly swerved into my lane when I was right up to its side-mirror. Laking gulat ko and I had to step on the break while swerving to the right too. I honestly believe na hindi nya ko nakita.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's the nature of the A/T system kasi nga in theory, rapid acceleration eats more fuel and the ECU takes care of the shifting of the gears. But then, nandun yung O/D but its only effective if you are already in a winding road with a good speed.

I have never driven an A/T before the Picanto, but I already got the hang of it. What I did kung mabagal yung nasa unahan ko, punta agad ako sa 2 instead of D then go to D pag nag-overtake na. When I'm around 70 I push the O/D and turn it off again pag nag stop na ulit.

Hey why don't we meet up sometime and share experiences with our cars? It's a nice car anyway, we could share more.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts