Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have to take my car in because I'm getting fed up with that port. Back when I had my iPhone I kept getting "connection error" messages when plugging in the cable. I tried two different OEM Apple cables, an aftermarket one and no dice. Well I no longer have my iPhone and have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and when plugging in the OEM Samsung cable last week it worked fine. This morning was a different story. I got the "connection error" message on my stereo, and it kept loading a message on my phone over and over and over again. Like it is sending the signal to the phone infinitely. My phone kept showing the "connected as a device" or something along those lines.

Dealerships sucks and I don't want to have to leave my car there all day and all that crap. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2012 SLS - Red
18 Posts
My USB port comes up with a connection error about half the time - I've got a USB sick connect & use it just for music. The phone connects via BT & has no issues. I've tried different USB sticks & they all have the same issue. Unplugging & plugging back in fixes it but its a hassle.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried the ol in'n'out trick but it didn't work for me today.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Rio SLi, 2007 FORD Falcon BF XR6
26 Posts
My Sandisk USB has the connection error, but a cheap old USB drive is OK. It might have something to do with the formatting of the drive?

·
Registered
2017 KIA Forte5 SX, 2017 KIA Sportage EX Lux, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
77 Posts
No help - but my Kingston 32GB USB stick has been fine plugged in with no connection issues.
My only complaint is if I'm playing an album, turn the car off, then back on and it will just continue playing all the songs(alphabetically), not the album I wanted to finish listening to.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
I had a connectivity issue with my Ipod when I went over a bump it lost connection. Dealer ordered in a new USB & RCA connection assembly. It did not fix it but he said they found a problem @ the UVO end(Whatever that means, but I think it was a loose connection). Anyway that was months ago & has worked flawlessly ever since :D.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan 2012 Acura TL Advanced, 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
26 Posts
I've had yes to all the above. I took out my USB storage from Rio and hooked it up to my PC to refresh, then hooked it back into the USB in the Rio. Cleared up the errors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts