Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorrento SX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are ready to buy a Kia Sorrento LX. The salesman has given us a price of $3000 for the Kia Platinum Bumper to Bumper 10 year extended warranty. This seems high. I have seen that about 6 years ago buyers were negotiating better deals on this Platinum Bumper to Bumper warranty.

I am hoping to get input from others on what they ended up paying for this warranty and also if they have had any trouble using it for claims.

Thank you for any insights.

New Mexico Engineer

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX V-6
141 Posts
Seems quite high. All you are really buying is the extension of what is not already covered on the powertrain warranty from 5/60K bumper to bumper to 10/100K.

On the Subaru Forester we just bought, we extended the factory 3/36 Bumper-to-Bumper and 5/60K Powertrain warranty to 7 Years / 100K miles Bumper to Bumper with zero deductible for $1,550. That covers a lot more ground than what you would be paying for. BTW - they originally told me $3,500 and I said, "No, Honda sells their comparable factory warranty for the CR-V for $1,550. That's what I will offer you."

These extended warranties are cash cows for dealers. Tell them "If you sell me the warranty for $XXX, I will buy the car." And make sure you get zero deductible.

Most likely, you will be leaving in your new Sorento. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts