Kia Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2016
3 Posts
I downloaded the file from ecanderson but I couldn’t get it to work. After complaining to my dealership, they said they would reimburse me the cost of the upgrade. When I go on Kia.com, it tells me that this upgrade for Maps is available:
NA.12.41.51.592 (V13.0)

Is this the one that will allow me to have Apple CarPlay?

Fellow Sorento Owners!

I just bought a used 2016 Kia Sorento SX (it's awesome BTW). It is eligible for the Apple Carplay update, however, it looks like Kia has removed the link to download the installer. It says the update is FREE if you go to MyUVO.com, but MyUVO.com does not exist anymore! It redirects to the official Kia owner's portal.

Do any of you other 2016 Sorento owners have that installer file? My S/W version is ST.UM.USA.E483.151002.

I am having the exact same problem!! Just bought mine yesterday .. did you ever find a solution??

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,995 Posts
I keep getting PMs, so let me be clear...

Kia shut down the UVO site. The executable file is designed to pull down the data from that site to the SD card when it's installed in your PC.
With the site down, the file won't work.

KIA needs to explain just what they plan to do about UVO support. If there's some alternate URL for it, I sure can't find it.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
Yes! Fellow forum member ecanderson gave me the .exe file. Happy to share it.
Do you by chance still have this .exe? My Grandfather just moved from California into the area and is really struggling understanding the road. He has the Kia Sorento 2016 which should be a free upgrade but everywhere I look just leads to the Kia website. If you could provide me the .exe that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes! Fellow forum member ecanderson gave me the .exe file. Happy to share it.
Been trying to get ApplePlay on my Dad’s 2017 Sportage for the past two days with no luck! He has Android Auto but no CarPlay! Would you happen to still have that file?! And do you know if it work for vehicles WITHOUT navigation? I’m assuming I’d have to update it via USB port since there is no SD card in the non-nav vehicles. Been trying to find out how to go about getting it from Kia. Long story short, they used to offer a link for the update, but they don’t offer it anymore….so, tough luck basically. Grrrrrr.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts