Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 Entourage last week and wondering if anybody has (or knows where there is) a Sedona or Entourage that is being sold off as parts?

I'm mainly interested in finding certain trim items but finding that some of the listings on eBay are ridiculously overpriced.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just bought a 2007 Entourage last week and wondering if anybody has (or knows where there is) a Sedona or Entourage that is being sold off as parts?

I'm mainly interested in finding certain trim items but finding that some of the listings on eBay are ridiculously overpriced.
Galashiels, Scotland?

Got to make this quick.

Entourages are a RARE bird so to speak- the chances of finding one- especially one close to you would like you being struck by lighting on a sunny day, three times in a row.

Kia Sedona's, AKA Kia Carnival are much more plentiful. Keep in mind that trim is different Entourage>Sedona so Sedona trim may not fit a Entourage.

If you're looking for "trim" pieces- your best bet is going to be a breaker (Auto salvage yard)...

I think your best bet is to have a breaker put your request on their *"hot-line"...

*Hot-line refers to a computer (program) system breakers use to put out "requests" to other breakers for a part.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have been more specific in my first post I guess ;)

I'm from Galashiels way but currently in the San Francisco area as I type but the Entourage is in Sarasota, Florida :rolleyes:

I'm looking for US based parts in this instance.

I have to say that some of the online breaker prices are way out of line from what I'd even think about paying even for new parts :huh:

I did email one guy on eBay but I've not had a reply yet - but based on his pricing structure, I doubt I'll be buying much from him anyway.

There is a local yard in Sarasota but they don't tend to have much that's very modern in my experience but their prices are fantastic. I'll probably just call around a few yards here in the East Bay area to see if there is anything available.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I should have been more specific in my first post I guess ;)

I'm from Galashiels way but currently in the San Francisco area as I type but the Entourage is in Sarasota, Florida :rolleyes:

I'm looking for US based parts in this instance.

I have to say that some of the online breaker prices are way out of line from what I'd even think about paying even for new parts :huh:

I did email one guy on eBay but I've not had a reply yet - but based on his pricing structure, I doubt I'll be buying much from him anyway.

There is a local yard in Sarasota but they don't tend to have much that's very modern in my experience but their prices are fantastic. I'll probably just call around a few yards here in the East Bay area to see if there is anything available.
RE: I'll probably just call around a few yards here in the East Bay area to see if there is anything available.

Your best bet is to have a breaker (Wrecking/Salvage yard) put your request on their *"hot-line".

Keep in mind as talked about here, Entourage is a RARE car. "Entourage" Parts are going to be hard to find / expensive.

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carnival-sedona-2006/74390-known-problems-areas-check.html#post433939

PS: On "low-cost" salvage yards...
It is rare you will see any car newer than 10 years+ old.

*Hot-line can be a computerized type- Or like a party line in which they call out what part they need over the phone verbally and other sources say "Yea, I got it".

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
The Sedona/Entourage have terrible resale value. Therefore, they total out really easily in even minor collisions. There are an abundance of Sedona parts in most salvage yards. Although, the last time I got salvage parts for my Sedona (right axleshaft [jackshaft and outer shaft] and spindle assembly) they were from an Entourage. I paid $80 for both items. I got a salvage front caliper for $15. Salvage headlight assembly for $25. Just gotta call around to auto salvage places.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Galashiels, Scotland?

Got to make this quick.

Entourages are a RARE bird so to speak- the chances of finding one- especially one close to you would like you being struck by lighting on a sunny day, three times in a row.

Kia Sedona's, AKA Kia Carnival are much more plentiful. Keep in mind that trim is different Entourage>Sedona so Sedona trim may not fit a Entourage.

If you're looking for "trim" pieces- your best bet is going to be a breaker (Auto salvage yard)...

I think your best bet is to have a breaker put your request on their *"hot-line"...

*Hot-line refers to a computer (program) system breakers use to put out "requests" to other breakers for a part.
Is there really that big of a difference? If it's stuff like the center stack trim, a few chrome/gauge pieces, maybe tail-lights, is it going to make that big a deal? Aside from a few fancier items like I listed, the headlights/front fascia/hood, and wheels, I wonder what all won't fit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is there really that big of a difference? If it's stuff like the center stack trim, a few chrome/gauge pieces, maybe tail-lights, is it going to make that big a deal? Aside from a few fancier items like I listed, the headlights/front fascia/hood, and wheels, I wonder what all won't fit.

The point I was trying to make is the 2007-2009 Hyundai Entourage is a RARE car and numerically going to to be much harder to find at a salvage yard than a Kia Sedona... which is the same car abit cosmetic items.

Oh, So far as the cosmetic differences... From what I've read cars are assembled at the same factory. I'd bet the parts are interchangeable between the two. EG: Bolt on.

PS: If you have access to a Entourage and a Sedona and can compare them side by side I'd love to see the list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts