Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2013 Kia Sorento, and was wondering if I can set it up, so when I walk away with the smart key in my pocket, it automatically locks the doors. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
There is no option for proximity locking. You must either lock it with the transmitter or the button on the handle.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
There is no option for proximity locking. You must either lock it with the transmitter or the button on the handle.
More the pity! I always wonder why they didn't have the same mechanism as the tailgate for the doors.

·
Registered
Sorento11 SX premium package wDVD; Optima08 LX,
11 Posts
Can't help ya there, OP, but I do notice that if you UNLOCK from a distance and not open your door within a certain amount of time it will LOCK itself.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX GDI (AWD)
21 Posts
It might be causing other problems. I have another vehicle which has a remote control but there is no proximity locking.

If there is proximity locking, your vehicle would be locked and unlocked repeatedly during your activities around the vehicle, e.g., checking mails but locked, car washing but locked, picking up some tools inside house but locked, and so on. Small kids can be locked inside as well. It would be very annoying...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts