Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
A waste of your money..
Do a search on "Gforce chips"
Read more than a few as there are "company" biased "reviewers".
They "make" chips for many makes and models ...none are worth your money.
Dave

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
IMO, This is just a device to enable full time (open loop) mode of your IAT (idle air temp sensor), like running rich on a carbureted car, with your choke on at all times. I can't say if it helps any? But I'm sure you'll burn more fuel.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
None of them work.

Use search.

·
Registered
557 Posts
WOW! Install takes 5min, but is proven to gain 30HP, 30LB-FT, and still increases efficiency by 10%? That is literally incredible and unbelievable. They even make one for every car.

These chips are usually the first thing enthusiasts learn about, since they promise the most, cost the least, and are highly promoted. Most DIY car modifications reduce both power and efficiency. Please continue researching, but research fundamentals before the products so you know what to expect. If you're deep into products, chips & intakes & additives are the most highly promoted, and are virtually all scams.

Cheers

edit: I forgot to mention, a scam can easily damage your engine.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Stay away from them....Junk!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I have decades of experience with modifying turbo-charged vehicles; I've pretty much seen all the various scams/claims for power/TQ increases. That being said, the ChipExpress that I use on my wife's CRDi Sportage has been excellent. I posted in another thread dyno results on the various settings and have seen a decrease in diesel consumption since installation. It's been on for >55000Km [~35000Mi] with no problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX, 2012 Sportage SX, 1989 Taurus SHO
289 Posts
My credit card company refunded me my money after they did not hear from GForce after six weeks to answer the concern I have about their "chips".

·
Registered
557 Posts
Here's YouSnooze's dyno results. Their claim is "Plug-in up to 40% more POWER and 20% better ECONOMY!". Apparently it detects non-idle RPM and overfuels. They claim that overfuelling adds more power, so less fuel is needed. It's available for any diesel vehicle.

I've been told diesel ECU settings tend to be overly conservative. Also, I don't know European automotive-industry regulation. If manufacturers or regulatory agencies there intentionally reduce power by 40% to worsen fuel economy by 20%, then I can't tell where the scam is. I'm not a believer in the magic digital potentiometer box; I can't evaluate every product, and I won't have a diesel for a long while, so someone else can debunk/confirm it.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
The op is in the USA with us......Kia does not make a diesel engine here, so what ever gains you got from your diesel engine are meaning less to anyone here in the USA.

I have decades of experience with modifying turbo-charged vehicles; I've pretty much seen all the various scams/claims for power/TQ increases. That being said, the ChipExpress that I use on my wife's CRDi Sportage has been excellent. I posted in another thread dyno results on the various settings and have seen a decrease in diesel consumption since installation. It's been on for >55000Km [~35000Mi] with no problems whatsoever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts