Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Panama 2018 Sportage 2.0L GT-line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly in my country by the time a bought this card this is what the top of the line gave you... I bought an aftermarket head unit with a bunch of options on aliexpress but the sound quality was really bad even with a special canbus for the subwoofer, and the wheel buttons aren't working as intended, sometimes buttons wont work or turn volume up instead of changing a song for example, gps antenna was crap and it didn't have android auto to connect my phone. The main problem finding something worthy is that it comes with an AMP, Subwoofer and a bunch of buttons on the wheel.

Is it possible to acquire somewhere an OEM version of the 7inch head unit and adapt to my car? Or at the very least an aftermarket system which seamlessly adapt to this version and include android auto? I'm getting desperate :(

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,271 Posts
Installing an OEM unit would be 3-4 times the cost of an aftermarket unit and it doesn't make sense because the wiring is different. You have to determine why the aftermarket unit you bought has bad sound. My guess is that you have a bad unit or a faulty installation. It may have too much power for the speakers. If you want an aftermarket unit, I'd go with Crutchfield and their installation kits. You should not have to attach to the canbus at all. That makes me very suspicious. Crutchfield will give you an installation kit that actually works plus an added module that enables steering wheel controls. Going cheap with aliexpress is very risky. The new head should have a subwoofer out where you can add an amp and sub or a powered sub. I've done a lot of these installations over the years and Crutchfield always came through.... Good luck....

Reactions: Ejfwl39vdagr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much, the best option is to look for a high quality aftermarket head then. This is what I was looking for, reliable aftermarket companies, aliexpress is pretty much a lottery.

Are there any other companies/brands you recommend to find quality products that fit specific models like mine?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,271 Posts
Thank you so much, the best option is to look for a high quality aftermarket head then. This is what I was looking for, reliable aftermarket companies, aliexpress is pretty much a lottery.

Are there any other companies/brands you recommend to find quality products that fit specific models like mine?
Crutchfield is the only place I trust here in the U.S. They do serve Spanish speaking customers, but I don't know if you can get their products where you live. Call them...

Reactions: Ejfwl39vdagr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im already checking their products, I do have an US address. Thank you so much for the information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts