Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage EX AWD
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, are there any new production cars that calls for single-grade motor oil, also known as straight-weight oil?

·
Registered
1960 Corvair, 1975 Morris Mini, 1962 Renault Dauphine, 2012 Grand Cherokee
15 Posts
Straight "grade" oils are basically obsolete except for small engines in lawn mowers and things. Things that are not complicated, expensive, or used in winter.

Their additive levels are about 30 years behind the rest of the oils, so aren't certifies for use in any car. Their viscosity is wrong for most climates.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
624 Posts
Not to my knowledge. At least not in the free world...

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio, 2020 Ford Escape SEL, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,140 Posts
The question was asked nearly 4 years ago........

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
624 Posts
How do these ancient threads get dredged up?

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,163 Posts
Dredged up by folks actually using the site search function and not READING the thread to notice originating date or LAST posting date. OR folks just posting to ask of their own.
A very recently posted to thread by a NEW member that did not fill in ANY profile data, and I responded to as to that matter and that the thread ended in 2012 was "magically" removed. I still feel the Xenforo platform is TOO easy for the "instant message" and "Instant reply" montra of people today. My main participating forum I use went to Xenforo platform and viewing and participation by long time members has TANKED! Now it gets a question posted that's been answered many times over by "new members" just posting up instead of looking for and READING them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts