Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm ordering a new Sportage 2.0 CRDI XS in the morning. I have test driven it twice and all the reviews seem very good.

Do any actual owners have personal comments on how they are getting on with their Sportage?

Thanks in advance

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not actually a Sportage owner yet, but my other half is planning to get a 2.0 petrol xs in September, so when you get yours, your opinion would be great to hear, I am also planning to get a 2.0 Cerato in September, and I have posted a thread similar to yours, but have had no response yet

good luck with your quest, sorry I was of no help, but I would love to hear how you get on.... :thumbsup: :57:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my LX V6 AWD on April 2, 2005. My wife and I just love it. It's a great vehicle to drive with car like handling. I can't wait for our first winter snow. I must also compliment our Kia dealership, they were very knowledgable and helpfull. With 1600 km on the clock my fuel consumption were as follows - City driving 7.5 km/l and open road at 110 km/h was 8.8 km/l. I think that's great considering it's a AWD V6 SUV. Having a great warranty and roadside assistance definitely gives us great peace of mind. - A great Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my LX V6 AWD on April 2, 2005. My wife and I just love it. It's a great vehicle to drive with car like handling. I can't wait for our first winter snow. I must also compliment our Kia dealership, they were very knowledgable and helpfull. With 1600 km on the clock my fuel consumption were as follows - City driving 7.5 km/l and open road at 110 km/h was 8.8 km/l. I think that's great considering it's a AWD V6 SUV. Having a great warranty and roadside assistance definitely gives us great peace of mind. - A great Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback.

I have just got back from the garage, the Sportage should arrive in 6 weeks, can't wait. I'll definitely pass on my comments.

Regards

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow things are so different in the UK.
I'm based in Doha, Qatar. I went to Kia on a wednesday, had a full choice of colours and picked the car up on the following Monday. What we don't get is a choice of spec. We only get an AWD V6 Auto. No option of leather or climate control. But everything else is fitted as standard. I went for black then had the rear glass tinted. Out here the driving conditions are a little different from the UK, no chance to try it on snow. But last weekend I took it into the desert and bashed some dunes. With the tyre pressue low it floated across the dunes with no problem at all. The V6 was ample power to get out of the soft sand. I was with some guys in Pathfinders and Range Rovers, they now have respect for the Sportage.
On the road the car is like a GTi, here you need ample power to push through the traffic and take on Landcruisers at the roundabouts, the Kia does it in style.
Have to say I was a car snob and wouldn't have gone for a Kia in the UK, but I would now

·
Registered
2005 Sportage CRDi XS Auto
11 Posts
Hi I've had an auto CRD XS for 12 mths now. Great car, but disappointed with the fuel consumption. (350 - 400 miles per full tank) I posted this in the 2005 Sportage forum but only had 1 reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts