Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know how to reset the factory anti theft alarm. Igniton switch was took out and cleaned because of corrosion and replaced, now then when you turn the switch on, the flashers go off and the horn keeps blowing. Does any one know how to reset this? Thanks Breck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called the dealer today and was told there is no alarm on a 1997 Kia Sephia. Also no way to check for 1. I'm a little slow but when the hazard lights go on and off and the horn blows in the same pattern, then it has some kinda alarm. Also, if you take out the horn fuse under the hood, then start it, put it back in. Everything works great and no alarm, until you turn it off back on again. This car was bought new and never had anything added from an aftermarket source, so it's a factory equipped problem I've run into. Thanks Breck :mellow:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your dealer is an ****! The 97 Sephia did indeed have an anti theft alarm on the radio. If you remove the antenna connector from the stock stereo it would set off the horn and flash the lights. The stock radio had a ground wire connected to it that was part of that alarm circuit. I would look to that you may just need to ground it to the chassis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts