Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Had a question about an anti-freeze smell coming from my heater. Just wondering if anyone knows what it could be? I've read in past posts that it could be the heater core, but I've had it pressure tested at two dealers and they said that they were unable to find any leaks.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 95 Sportage started having that smell a couple of weeks ago. Now it sits in the driveway with the dash stripped to the firewall :( because the heater core started leaking bad. My heater core is an AL core with plastic ends and I think the plastic to AL gasket is leaking. I am ordering a new core now.
We had been having cooling problems for a while so the heater core could be the cause or just a symptom.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does it smell all the time or just once in a while because my 2001 sportage smell antyfreeze on and off but the level never goes down its the hose the conected to the overflow tank cap that releases the smell so when you drive you sometimes smell it if your level is good its normal :57:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!
You heater coil is probably perforated. You need either to weld it (when possible)or to replace it. It probably leaks into your cabin too.
I had the same trouble shortly after buying it (second hand 72,000 km)
Wish you luck,
Aldo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts