Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2009 sportage antee freeze is a white color where can I buy antee freeze other than the dealer?Can i mixed with the green color
Thanks

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I've never seen white antifreeze; it might be OK, but it could be due to contamination/mixing. I wouldn't mix different formulas of antifreeze. The green fluorescent dye is there for various reasons:

1. Identifies antifreeze as poisonous.
2. Aids leak detection.
3. Under severe conditions, the green dye can degrade. Time to renew.

I suggest you read the following link:

Antifreeze Facts

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
It's the ethylene glycol that gives the coolant its "anti-feeze" properties, and this also has an "anti-boil" effect as well. Most formulations will be OK, as they should be mostly ethylene glycol.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Ive never seen "ANTEE" Freeze either

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Antee freeze

Thank you FASTIKA
I looked into my reservoir and hardly see anything.Posible it is a very light green color but looked white to me(I can be wrong)When removed the radiator cap also see a little way down but not able to see the color.Possible that the color got lighter in the years? Any how what kind should I buy in the local autopart store or other store like K MART to add
Thank you again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for your input alloway from Australia
Reading the fact about antifreeze engine coolant help me a lot.
I see most of antefreeze is Ethylene-Glycol

It is looked white to me but posible it is a very light green Because it is very low in the reservoir and hard to tell. I guess any auto supply store able to tell what kind i need to add

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts