Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I purchase another full size tire (P185/65R15) for my 13 Rio5 to use as a spare, and then on the ground during normal rotation, must it have a pressure sensor?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Unless you want your dash light to stay.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I'll jump in before conwelpic does. :p It would be helpful if you fill you your location info in the profile. Not all Rio's have TPS.

·
Vendor
Kia Soul, Kia Optima, Kia Sorento, Kia Forte, or any Kia!
80 Posts
Kia Rio Spare Tire Kit

Hello fellow Kia people!

Kia recently released a Genuine OEM spare tire kit for the Rio and Rio 5-Door. The Genuine OEM Kia Rio Spare Tire Kit comes with all of the necessary hardware and equipment in the event you get a flat tire or any such event. What you get in the kit is the following:

- Wheel
- Jack
- Jack lift handle
- Lug nut wrench
- Foam Tool Case
- Tire Valve Stem
- Tire Pressure Label
- Instruction Sheet

Kia doesn't include the tire in the kit and the tire is usually sold separately. But we'll add a mounted and fitted tire to the purchase if you select you want it done.

A couple of things that could be beneficial for you guys is that we offer:
1. FREE SHIPPING on orders that are $150 or more.
2. Use this coupon code for 10% off your order: codekf

Let us know if you ever need help or information here on using our site's "Contact Us" form!

- Team KiaStuff -

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Interesting that the "Spare Tyre Kit" doesn't include a tyre unless you select that option.

Most KIAs in Australia come with a spare tyre kit as standard, and that usually means a wheel to match the other four (i.e. alloy, if fitted).

I see it as a definite sales point for new cars. In many years (and kilometers) of motoring, I've only twice had a flat on the open road, but I've been very glad that I was carrying a spare. I've also experienced a few flat tyres in the driveway, and again, it was handy to have a spare.

·
Vendor
Kia Soul, Kia Optima, Kia Sorento, Kia Forte, or any Kia!
80 Posts
OEM Kia Rio Spare Tire Kit

Hello Wry 'Cuda!!!!

We wish we could actually elaborate what the actual sense of any manufacturer to offer any of its dealers (or even retail it to customers) a Spare Tire Kit that doesn't include the tire. It seems honestly ridiculous to sell it separately. Sort of difficult to work with!!!!!!

But yeah, it is ABSOLUTELY a much safer idea to have a Kia Rio Spare Tire Kit instead of not having one. Just the "what if" thing sort of is scary.

"Oh man! I hit a nail!"
"Holy wow! Why'd my tire blow out!? What am I gonna do to get to my wedding (or such event)?"
"****!!! Where'd my wheel fly off to!?"

Random accidents happen, so you gotta be prepared!

In America, (I personally) haven't seen an alloy spare tire that you don't get. It's usually just some steel wheel (we usually call it a spare donut for some reason). I would assume it's just because the spare tire is a "temporary" solution if you actually do get a flat tire and it's going to be a cheap fix-it.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback!
- Team KiaStuff -

Interesting that the "Spare Tyre Kit" doesn't include a tyre unless you select that option.

Most KIAs in Australia come with a spare tyre kit as standard, and that usually means a wheel to match the other four (i.e. alloy, if fitted).

I see it as a definite sales point for new cars. In many years (and kilometers) of motoring, I've only twice had a flat on the open road, but I've been very glad that I was carrying a spare. I've also experienced a few flat tyres in the driveway, and again, it was handy to have a spare.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
In America, (I personally) haven't seen an alloy spare tire that you don't get. It's usually just some steel wheel (we usually call it a spare donut for some reason). I would assume it's just because the spare tire is a "temporary" solution if you actually do get a flat tire and it's going to be a cheap fix-it.
Australian KIAs come complete with tyre kit and tyre.

Many cars in Australia come with a complete spare, some with temporary spares (skinny wheels), and a few with no spare and run-flat tyres.

High performance cars without room for any sort of spare are a particular problem. A well-known car magazine had to haul out an expensive test car on a low-loader because the run-flat was too badly damaged to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts