Kia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium; 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Ltd
19 Posts
Charlie certainly is prolific with his 2021 Sorento reviews!
While his driving distances were pretty short and he appears to be using the vehicle calculated mpg 43.7 city and 43.5 highway is pretty phenomenal. Hopefully the N Amer version will get similar mpg.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Doesn't say whether those are Imperial gallons or US gallons.

I would guess over 40 (city and Hwy) as my Niro (46/43/40) gets 46-47 consistently in any weather except Cold....

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
260 Posts
I still don't know how I feel about the new Sorento with the elemination of the V6, I know I would not have bought mine if it wasn't a V6

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium; 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Ltd
19 Posts

I would guess over 40 (city and Hwy) as my Niro (46/43/40) gets 46-47 consistently in any weather except Cold....

I actually asked Charlie in the comments section if those were US gallons & he said yes, those figures were converted to reflect US gallons. Compared to our Niro mpg It truly would be phenomenal if the much larger (and probably heavier) 2021 Sedona gets the mileage he posted. But then Hybrid tech is continually improving...

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Not much new. I don't see home link rear view mirrors in any of the reviews. Maybe not used in LKorea.....

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I actually asked Charlie in the comments section if those were US gallons & he said yes, those figures were converted to reflect US gallons. Compared to our Niro mpg It truly would be phenomenal if the much larger (and probably heavier) 2021 Sedona gets the mileage he posted. But then Hybrid tech is continually improving...
Good, what I figured. The Toyota Highlander Hybrid only gets 35-36...(although it is abourt 200 lbs. heavier and a lot more $$$$

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Murano SV FWD, 2014 BMW X5 50i
45 Posts
Not much new. I don't see home link rear view mirrors in any of the reviews. Maybe not used in LKorea.....

Yes, you are right, it's not used in South Korea, but I'm sure North American versions will have them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I still don't know how I feel about the new Sorento with the elemination of the V6, I know I would not have bought mine if it wasn't a V6
I personally am not at all hard set on specific engine spec like V6 or V8. I think it's a bit superficial imho. All it really matters is that you have enough power for passing on highways with 2-3 passengers in the car (no one wants a screaming loud engine that can hardly move a car) and good MPG. Hybrid 1.6T pretty much delivers both and does it quietly too - so IMHO it's a very good choice. Time to move on for more efficient powerplants. Poor MPG was the main reason I skipped Telluride/Palisade twins, but new Sorento looks like going to be a much better choice while still delivering 3rd row!

P.S. If I was a hard set on V6 like you - I would not be able to find a descent car that combines power and MPG. Especially coming from my current x5 50i with V8 twin turbo 450hp stock (currently tuned to 530hp).

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
13 Posts
I still don't know how I feel about the new Sorento with the elimination of the V6, I know I would not have bought mine if it wasn't a V6
Yes it was a real "Kick In The Nuts" for me when KIA and Hyundai announced that their 2021 Sorento and the Santa Fe were not going to be offered with the V-6, I know that some people will be satisfied with a 4 cylinder, But I'm not one of them, and even though they maybe OK in the Flatland's, I want nothing to do with a Mid Sized heavy SUV that is only offered with a 4 Cylinder.
The only reason I see them not offering the V-6 is because they want to steer buyers to their more expensive Telluride and Palisade, for those of us who need at least a V-6 to tow a Boat or RV,
I'm hoping they see the light and add a V-6 option for both the Sorento and Santa Fe in the middle of 2021, As for the Hot Selling Telluride, I Flat Out refuse to pay some of the outrageous over MSRP prices that a majority of these Crooked Dealers are charging buyers of the Telluride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As for the Hot Selling Telluride, I Flat Out refuse to pay some of the outrageous over MSRP prices that a majority of these Crooked Dealers are charging buyers of the Telluride.
I'm afraid nothing will change this time either. Dealers will still be gouging out buyers and will for sure impose huge markups on new Sorento. The only thing that ruins it for me and for many. I blame Kia for that. I can understand their surprise with Telluride and as they said - they "didn't expected such demand". However, this time they should fully be aware that new Sorento will be a hit and being a mid-size SUV will sell a lot more than Telluride. If this time Kia will screw it again by low supply (even having a Georgia plant at their disposal) - I'm jumping ship to some other brand. Too tired from this $5-10k mark ups.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm afraid nothing will change this time either. Dealers will still be gouging out buyers and will for sure impose huge markups on new Sorento. The only thing that ruins it for me and for many. I blame Kia for that. I can understand their surprise with Telluride and as they said - they "didn't expected such demand". However, this time they should fully be aware that new Sorento will be a hit and being a mid-size SUV will sell a lot more than Telluride. If this time Kia will screw it again by low supply (even having a Georgia plant at their disposal) - I'm jumping ship to some other brand. Too tired from this $5-10k mark ups.
I'll tell you another thing that P.M.Off, and that is the fact that KIA and Hyundai offers their High mileage Diesel Engines in the Sorento & Santa Fe to the buyers in Europe and all over Asia and Australia, but they will not give it to us here in the USA or our neighbors in Canada, And I'm with you on Jumping Ship, I'm starting to look at the Honda Passport and Toyota Highlander.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I will buy in the first month at a discount to the MSRP as I always do. The only question is Santa Fe or Sorento and color (exterior/interior).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will buy in the first month at a discount to the MSRP as I always do. The only question is Santa Fe or Sorento and color (exterior/interior).
njerald how do you do it? Any pointers would be appreciated. All I want is just msrp price. Just want to avoid huge markeups

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Start with using Truecar.com for a not newly released car.

Had to go 150 miles to OR to get my wifes Niro (one week after introduction), Flew to ID to get my Optima, to SoCal for a Kia sportage, locally for a 2020 Sonata for my sister, locally for a 2019 Santa Fe for a golfing partner.

I pay cash and have the price, doc fee, tax and license in hand before I ever go to the dealership to pick the car up... Then I'm there for less than an hour.

Used to deal by fax but now by email and text.

Working on a deal for a 2020 Sportage SX now for another friend...$2,400 kia cash + $1600-2700 dealer discount.on a $36,xx vehicle.

Reactions: DS2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Start with using Truecar.com for a not newly released car.

Had to go 150 miles to OR to get my wifes Niro (one week after introduction), Flew to ID to get my Optima, to SoCal for a Kia sportage, locally for a 2020 Sonata for my sister, locally for a 2019 Santa Fe for a golfing partner.

I pay cash and have the price, doc fee, tax and license in hand before I ever go to the dealership to pick the car up... Then I'm there for less than an hour.

Used to deal by fax but now by email and text.

Working on a deal for a 2020 Sportage SX now for another friend...$2,400 kia cash + $1600-2700 dealer discount.on a $36,xx vehicle.
I did that when I purchased my 2005 GMC Sierra 3500, I priced everything out including the add ons, Then I found a GM dealer over in Dallas,Texas which is 700 miles away that had a Fleet Sales Dept, I called and told the Fleet Salesman what I wanted and what I was willing to pay, he called me back 45 minutes latter and agreed on the price, which was under the MSRP price because he had to Factory order it, he then sent me the paper work and I signed it and FedEx'ed it back to him, and in 5 weeks my Truck was shipped, We rented a car One Way and drove out, walked into the Fleet Dept and handed him a Check from my Credit Union, he hand me my Keys and shook my hand, and within 30 minutes I was driving down the highway in my brand new truck, It was the easiest and most pleasant vehicle purchasing experance I have ever had.
I did the same thing for my wife's Accord, I would like to do the same thing if I buy a KIA, but I don't think they have a Fleet Sales.

·
Registered
45 Posts
New Sorento started production in Russia yesterday. 2.5L NA engine (no turbine) and 2.2 diesel.
If I’m not mistaken USA Georgia Kia plant should have by now finished retooling of production line for new Sorento. They might even have first batch of Sorentos produced already.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
PHEV

Reactions: DS2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Am interested in the vehicle when it's available here in the US. Slightly different view point in the video below compared to the others I've seen in that he's more critical of the firmness of the seats, ride quality, harshness of the transition between the electric/ice, and the slight blind spot on the drivers "A" pillar due to its thickness. Overall mpg seemed to be a bit less too but as always, ymmv. He does give pricing in the Kdm and his english is pretty good. Will have to wait for the US version and reviews here...

61 - 80 of 139 Posts