Kia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
All kinds of salesman posts on youtube...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep. They often don’t drive the car though.
btw I was impressed in the v6 on a 2019 sorento that I drove. It‘s unlikely I will care for the base engine.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
The only major disappointments for me are apparently no lumbar adjustment on front passenger seat & no niffy blind spot camera in instrument cluster. .
Once one of these is on the lot of a nearby dealer, I'll eventually mosey on over to compare the cargo space dimensions to my Outback. If they are as large or larger, this will still be in the running for me. If there are much smaller it will be 👎

Next question for me will be how "decontented" will the HEV & PHEV be? We may have to wait a few months for that.
Already know that the HEV top trim is the EX and I don't expect the PHEV to be any different.. Terrible Marketing!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking forward to the launch and I am terribly disappointed with the way Kia positioned the trim levels. There i absolutely no flexibility for buyers who are in the cusp of deciding Sorento Vs Telluride.

As a smaller family of 4 who sometime have parents live with us for short period of time - we were looking for a 3-row SUV and were torn between Sorento and Telluride. Telluride is the best fit esp the Canadian SX variant with seating for 8. Our concern was that its a bit too big for us (which is ok) and most importantly fuel efficiency of the car considering where the world is heading in the next 5-10 years. We were willing to make it work with the new Sorento with the slightly improved 12cu.ft space behind 3-rd row and ability to seat-7. And i was looking forward to buy the hybrid variant as there are positive reviews from South Korea on the fuel efficiency (38 mpg). Kia totally rained on the party by announcing that the hybrid will only be available in lower trim levels. I was looking forward to a SX-Sorento-Hybrid !!! - Now i have to start seriously considering Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Hyundai Technology that the Santa Fe will have that the Sorento lacks...

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium
4 Posts
I was looking forward to the launch and I am terribly disappointed with the way Kia positioned the trim levels. There i absolutely no flexibility for buyers who are in the cusp of deciding Sorento Vs Telluride.

As a smaller family of 4 who sometime have parents live with us for short period of time - we were looking for a 3-row SUV and were torn between Sorento and Telluride. Telluride is the best fit esp the Canadian SX variant with seating for 8. Our concern was that its a bit too big for us (which is ok) and most importantly fuel efficiency of the car considering where the world is heading in the next 5-10 years. We were willing to make it work with the new Sorento with the slightly improved 12cu.ft space behind 3-rd row and ability to seat-7. And i was looking forward to buy the hybrid variant as there are positive reviews from South Korea on the fuel efficiency (38 mpg). Kia totally rained on the party by announcing that the hybrid will only be available in lower trim levels. I was looking forward to a SX-Sorento-Hybrid !!! - Now i have to start seriously considering Toyota Highlander Hybrid.
I’d wait to see the brochure and specs listed on the Kia website. If they spec the Sorento hybrid similar to their other hybrids, the lack of trims does not mean lack of features. For instance, the Niro Hybrid for 2019 had FE, LX, EX, Touring, and S Touring. The Plug-in hybrid Niro only had LX, EX, and EX Premium. However, the LX trim on the plug-in had more features than the LX on the hybrid. The EX plug-in had more features than the EX hybrid. And the EX Premium wasn’t offered on the regular Hybrid but was equivalent to the S Touring. So long story short, just because the Hybrid Sorento only has two trims doesn’t mean it will lack features from the gas-only trims. The EX hybrid may be equivalent to the SX on the gas-only line.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
LOL.....Kia's problem....They list the features of the EX hybrid and they suck!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went through the features listed for the 2021 Sorento SX Prestige, I was surprised to see there is no Heads up Display? I could of sworn i saw videos of the new one being test driving with the heads up display

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I just went through the features listed for the 2021 Sorento SX Prestige, I was surprised to see there is no Heads up Display? I could of sworn i saw videos of the new one being test driving with the heads up display
Just one of many things dropped in North America!!!!!!!!! See many previous posts...

Still on the Santa Fe Calligraphy.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just one of many things dropped in North America!!!!!!!!! See many previous posts...

Thats such a bummer! I was really excited when I saw it get debuted and have been anxiously awaiting details about it, I have a 2020 sonota limited and all the tech in it is AMAZING so I figured it would make its way to the sorento (as i saw reviews of it from other countries) I have a need for an suv soon and I was hoping this would fit the bill, I like the telluride as well but I dont think it will work for me in that price range. Ill take your suggestion and start looking at the 2021 sante fe, which looks like a mini palisade kind of

·
Registered
4 Posts

What are the biggest things that the sante fe has that the sorento doesn't that would steer you to the sante fe? Im just curious what you feel is something that is a "must have".

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
I'd tell you to go back and read this forum....

I want a hybrid as stated many times.... KIA only offers two stripper options, NO SX or SX Prestige trim.

So don't get the 10.25" NAV, the digital instrument panel, 12 speaker audio, bigger wheels, heated steering wheel, surround view, sunroof, homelink mirror, cooled front seats, LED rear lights...to name a few + a number of Safety items......in addition to other Hyundai options not available on KIA

Reactions: trimbornunc86

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
2021 Kia Sorento HEV Pricing
ModelDescriptionMsrp
Sorento S 1.6T Hybrid1.6T - FWD - 8 A/T$33,590.00
Sorento EX 1.6T Hybrid1.6T - FWD - 8 A/T$36,590.00
Factory Installed OptionsMsrpCommentsS 1.6T HybridEX 1.6T Hybrid
Runway Red Paint$445.00YesYes
Snow White Pearl Paint$445.00YesYes
Port Installed OptionsMsrpCommentsS 1.6T HybridEX 1.6T Hybrid
Bumper Appliqué$75.00YesYes
Cross Bars - Standard Roof$360.00YesYes
Cross Bars - Panoramic Roof$360.00YesYes
Carpet Floor Mats$210.00YesYes
Cargo Net$50.00YesYes
Cargo Cover$190.00YesYes
Cargo Tray - Folding$115.00YesYes
Cargo Mat - Carpeted with Seatback Protection$115.00YesYes
EC Mirror with Homelink®$350.00YesYes
Interior Lighting Kit$450.00YesYes
Mud Guards$115.00YesYes
Rear Seat Entertainment$1,500.00YesYes
Illuminated Scuff Plates$310.00YesYes
Side Step Bars$690.00YesYes
Tow Hitch$475.00YesYes
Transverse Panels - Illuminated$350.00YesYes
Wheel Locks$60.00YesYes
Destination Charge: $1,170.00
Price, equipment, and specifications subject to change without notice. All prices are F.O.B. Port of Entry. Freight, state and local taxes, advertising, and promotional fees, if any, are additional. Dealers are free to establish their own selling prices.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
2021 Kia Sorento Pricing
ModelDescriptionMsrp
Sorento LX 2.52.5L GDI FWD - 8 A/T$29,390.00
Sorento LX 2.52.5L GDI AWD - 8 A/T$31,190.00
Sorento S 2.52.5L GDI FWD - 8 A/T$31,890.00
Sorento S 2.52.5L GDI AWD - 8 A/T$33,690.00
Sorento EX 2.5T2.5T GDI FWD - 8 A/T$34,990.00
Sorento EX 2.5T2.5T GDI AWD - 8 A/T$36,790.00
Sorento SX 2.5T2.5T GDI FWD - 8 A/T$37,990.00
Sorento SX 2.5T2.5T GDI AWD - 8 A/T$39,790.00
Sorento SX Prestige2.5T GDI FWD - 8 A/T$40,590.00
Sorento SX Prestige X-Line 2.5T2.5T GDI AWD - 8 A/T$42,590.00
Factory Installed OptionsMsrpCommentsLX 2.5S 2.5EX 2.5TSX 2.5TSX PrestigeSX Prestige X-Line 2.5T
Panoramic Sunroof Package$1,300.00-YesYes---
Passion Red Tint Coat$445.00YesYesYesYesYes-
Glacial White Pearl Paint$445.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Sapphire Blue Paint$445.00Not available with All-Wheel Drive on S 2.5 Trim-YesYesYesYes-
Rust Color Seating Package$200.00-----Yes
Port Installed OptionsMsrpCommentsLX 2.5S 2.5EX 2.5TSX 2.5TSX PrestigeSX Prestige X-Line 2.5T
Bumper Appliqué$75.00Not available with All-Wheel Drive on S 2.5 Trim-YesYesYesYes-
Cross Bars - Standard Roof$360.00-YesYesYesYes-
Cross Bars - Panoramic Roof$360.00-----Yes
Carpet Floor Mats$210.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Cargo Net$50.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Cargo Cover$190.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Cargo Tray - Folding$115.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Cargo Mat - Carpeted with Seatback Protection$115.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
EC Mirror with Homelink®$350.00YesYesYes---
EC Mirror with Homelink® and Plug-N-Play$350.00---YesYesYes
Interior Lighting Kit$450.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Mud Guards$115.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Rear Bumper Protector$120.00Not available with Front-Wheel Drive on S 2.5 TrimYesYes---Yes
Remote Start Key$425.00Yes-----
Rear Seat Entertainment$1,500.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Illuminated Scuff Plates$310.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Side Step Bars$690.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Tow Hitch (2.5)$475.00YesYes----
Tow Hitch (2.5T)$475.00--YesYesYesYes
Transverse Panels - Illuminated$350.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Wheel Locks$60.00YesYesYesYesYesYes
Destination Charge: $1,170.00
Price, equipment, and specifications subject to change without notice. All prices are F.O.B. Port of Entry. Freight, state and local taxes, advertising, and promotional fees, if any, are additional. Dealers are free to establish their own selling prices.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Panoramic sunroof is not even a HEV option........

·
Registered
1 Posts
While I'm not sure what is actually on the lots, I see that all NW WA dealers are now showing some on their websites. Yet Kia doesn't have prices or options available on their website. Nor can I find any US media test drives. Seems like Kia certainly isn't promoting their new Sorento much at this point. I wonder if they are just pokey or waiting till dealers have inventory, or just figure the thing will sell well without promotion. That strategy didn't work very well for the Niro
VIN: 5XYRKDLF9MG012172 I'd love to see the sticker on this one to see what equipment is included at the high end.
details on VIN can be found here Free VIN Check Reports - 5XYRKDLF9MG012172

201 - 220 of 228 Posts