Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this problem of mine is related to the Check Engine Light problem alot of people seem to be having.

My problem is that my engine runs like crap. Usually if the check engine light is on, the car runs like crap, but sometimes it turns off (I don't know why), and the engine runs smoother. Sometimes I buy Fuel Injector cleaner (put it into the gas tank) and it runs better.

Sometimes when it runs crappy, really crappy, like its about to stop working altogether, I can pull to the side of the road, turn off the car, wait about 2 minutes and turn it back on, and it runs fine.

This has to be done about every 250 miles or so.

I've changed the fuel filter because the dealership said thats what needed to be done, but that was about 6 months ago, and it still runs like sh&@.

I have a feeling its the fuel pump. How hard and costly would that be to replace?

Any other help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
The pump is right under the back seat. also i dunno if thats the problem. I would when the check engine light comes on go to advanced auto or autozone have the scan it.. its free!

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Get it scanned and bring us the codes.

The fuel pump is easy to replace, but you'll want to make sure that is the problem.

You won't need to wait until the engine light comes on to get the codes because they are stored in memory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts