Kia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
Here is a simple 1 speed on/off dependable electric fan set up.

FAN MOUNTED IN STOCK SHROUD

FAN PULLEY AND BRACKET REMOVED

DIAGRAM HOW TO WIRE

DRILL OUT BOSS NEXT TO TEMP GAUGE SENSOR AND TAP WITH 3/8 NPT THREADS (MIGHT BE 1/2 MPT) FOR THERMOSWITCH

I PERSONALLY USE A CLOSE AT 205 AND OPEN AT 195 THERMOSWITCH, SORRY NO PART NUMBERS.

SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE BUT WILL NOT FIX A CLOGGED OR WORN OUT RADIATOR. IF YOU NEED TO REPLACE RADIATOR, I HAVE USED A SINGLE AND 2 ROW ALL ALUMINUM RADIATOR FROM EBAY AND HAD NO ISSUES WHATEVER. I HAVE PULLED SEVERAL HILLS IN HOT AMBIENT TEMPERATURE IN 4 LOW BUT I ALSO RUN A BY PASS AS MENTIONED IN SOLOMIATA.

JUST MY 2 CENTS.

UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
02 sporty
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thank you I do appreciate the reply but I have had too many bad experiences so for now I will go with the replacement,maybe down the road. BTW upyourkia I emailed you through your site a while back and never got a reply. I was looking for a lift.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I did have some major surgery in Feb and recovery in March so if you sent it around that time frame it is possible I missed it somehow. Resend it and I'll get back to you.

As far as bad experiences, the clutch fan in a Kia Sportage is a weak area so hope it works out for you.

UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
Sportage
11 Posts
Hey Everett. What kind of radiator did you use . was it for a jeep or another make ? And what year range? My radiator is done but don't want to spend 160 on another tiny radiator I would rather upgrade . thanks

·
Premium Member
651 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage
11 Posts
Thanks a lot , didn't know they made "performance " radiators for us , I must have .iss read but I thought I had a jeep radiator, amazon had nothing good to offer for us. My Google foo didmt find any either . thanks a lot for the help!!! :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts