Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have been researching vehicles to replace an aging 2003 V6 Explorer. A big consideration was towing as my we have been wanting to upgrade our popup camper to a travel trailer, but the Explorer tow limit of 3500lbs always prevented us from doing so. We considered trucks, but we also wanted some "creature comforts" for long trips and pickup trucks with crew cabs get VERY pricey when you start to add nice interiors. The list of mid-large SUVs that have a frame and can tow is very short...I looked at Toyota 4Runners, Expeditions, and suffered used car sticker shock.... then I found the Borrego.

It seemed that a car company FINALLY was looking at families like us that wanted a daily driver loaded with enough luxury for extended trips yet tough and rugged enough to tow campers. I was so sad to see that the market timing crushed their sales and doomed them.

Anyway, enough back story... a few weeks of searching in and around our area and I found a V8 EX Limited RWD about 4.5 hours away. We drove down this weekend and ended up bringing it home with us. I think I got a pretty good deal, paid just over $19k for the Limited Edition. I am thinking this should pull a lightweight travel trailer of 25-27 feet just fine with the V8. The trip home was about 240 miles and we averaged 23-24 MPG (by far better than the 4.0L V6 Explorer I drove down in and traded).

One question I have here - I only got one smart key fob with it. I think I read a thread or two where someone on these forums identified themselves as a Kia parts manager and can get smart keys for a discount. Could someone kindly point my in their direction or if you are reading this send me a PM?

Thanks...

We are looking forward to many years of traveling and camping with the Borrgego!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX w/EX tech package
4,657 Posts
That would be me......PM me with the last 8 of your vin#, and I will get you a good deal!
Congrats with the "new" Kia and welcamoe to the site.

·
Registered
borrego, 2009
17 Posts
That would be me......PM me with the last 8 of your vin#, and I will get you a good deal!
Congrats with the "new" Kia and welcamoe to the site.
would like to get another key to hide away, as the Borrego seems to lock itself sometimes! Does not have to be remote, or smart as long as it will allow me to unlock a door. What do I need?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX w/EX tech package
4,657 Posts
would like to get another key to hide away, as the Borrego seems to lock itself sometimes! Does not have to be remote, or smart as long as it will allow me to unlock a door. What do I need?
PM sent...............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts