Kia Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2921 Kia Sorento sx, 2019 kia niro hev ex premium,
46 Posts
$50,000 out-of-pocket would make me choke! One of the reasons I went with the 2020 SX was the huge difference in prices. With the sticker price of the 2020 SX at $41,890 and a total of $8,000 off the sticker price, I came in way below what the 2021 would have cost me in the US! Considering they also left off some options that I really wanted like the seat memory, 3rd row A/C, and the HomeLink mirror to name a few, and the 2021 would have been way more expensive for me. I also would not have gotten the 3.3L V6 which I prefer over the turbo four. There just didn't seem any good reason to spend all the extra money for different body styling. The 2020 SX didn't come with LED headlights, but $150 fixed that.
What is funny about that is and mean in a shaking my head pricing way is my 2021 sx Canadian would have coast about 42,000 us in currency. Everything you listed off I have except the home link that I’ll never use with no garage and the v6 over the turbo 4 what doesn’t make a difference for me either since I have nothing to tow over 2500 pounds. Plus side is I get way better fuel economy with what Kia has even listed. I’m getting 28 in the city and 30 on the highway from what they listed 24 city and 28 highway I believe. Also with all the new safety features for collision I have even more on my insurance now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The US versions omitted a lot more options.
Yes I agree on that one. And also the model line up options are completely different as well. Being North America I would have figured Mexico, USA, and Canada would have a lot more similarities by now. I also noticed a possible missing option in US xline sx prestige and Canadian sx model we have the roll up sunblock screen in backseat door? I don’t know the actual name of the option but it’s great to have for my son in the back seat. I was looking at pictures and didn’t see them online with the US versions recently. Hopefully someone can easily answer this.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
61 Posts
USA does not have it.
Also Australian sx models have way more than USA. We have been shortchanged the greatest 🙌.

·
Registered
46 Posts
USA does not have it.
Also Australian sx models have way more than USA. We have been shortchanged the greatest 🙌.
I just noticed also that my sx has homelink mirror. I never needed to use this because I don’t have a garage but saw that the us models didn’t have this either. Im surprised on how many options are missing on the us models and is to even try and compare paining to US and Canada modes is impossible. I hade $49,500 Canadian and with all the extra option I would hate to see whet the dealerships would offer our Canadian sx model. I saw some x line prestige sx around $43,000 to 45,000. That would be close to $55,000 Canadian guessing without all the extra options. My biggest surprise is your x line sx is the top of the line model while our x line is below the ex models. Something needs the change here because US is getting ripped off severely.

·
Registered
2021 kia Sorento sx prestige xLine Aruba Green black interior. With smart mirror.
61 Posts
I just noticed also that my sx has homelink mirror. I never needed to use this because I don’t have a garage but saw that the us models didn’t have this either. Im surprised on how many options are missing on the us models and is to even try and compare paining to US and Canada modes is impossible. I hade $49,500 Canadian and with all the extra option I would hate to see whet the dealerships would offer our Canadian sx model. I saw some x line prestige sx around $43,000 to 45,000. That would be close to $55,000 Canadian guessing without all the extra options. My biggest surprise is your x line sx is the top of the line model while our x line is below the ex models. Something needs the change here because US is getting ripped off severely.
Like I said before, I bought first one at my dealer.
If I knew the shortfalls I would never have purchased it.h

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
206 Posts
Like I said before, I bought first one at my dealer.
If I knew the shortfalls I would never have purchased it.h
that sucks that you’re having regret so soon. I think it’s a gorgeous, powerful, nice riding family hauler. Missing a couple features for sure, but I knew about that going in.

i hope you come around on it and end up loving it. Life is too short to be driving a $40k machine you don’t like!

81 - 87 of 87 Posts